How to fit a boost gauge??

diesel power

Hi eveyone. This is my first post as i've just brought a seat leon 51 plate 1.9 TDI........i wanted to know if anyone can tell me please how to wire up a boost gauge on this model.

Where would i need to connect the vacuum pipe???:confused:

Thank you.

H.

Mikey_H

258.7BHP 39?ft/lb
Feb 15, 2007
Buckingham
Hi, i fitted a boost gauge to my ibiza and the way i did it was drill into the boost pipe that runs up the left hand side of the engine i then put a brake bleading nipple in with a nut of the other side of that and just ran the boost tube into the car!!

hope that helps

D-Power

Oct 28, 2006
Newmarket
any pictures of the pipe u drilled into?
Is it not surely an issue if swarf/other sh*t from the drilling were to get into the system?

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
The Allard race pipe I use has a dedicated tap off for a gauge. before that I'd drilled the inlet manifold and used a bolt fitting with a nipple on to attach the boost pipe. Both options work very well. When I fitted the racepipe the hole in the inlet was filled up with metal - can't remember if it was weld, or chemical metal.

The gauge is a racetech one which goes to 2.5 bar (needed for a tuned TDI :D) and wiring is tapped from elsewhere for the +'ve and earth needed for the backlight.

shnazzle

Glass-Half-Full Member
Sep 9, 2011
Northumberland
It's quite easy (on paper) for a CR170.
I've looked it up, as I have a gauge to install once the weather gets better.

1) jack the car up at the front
2) remove plate
3) remove the entire pipe from intercooler to EGR valve (few screws from below and loosen clip from the engine bay of flexible tube to EGR valve
4) drill hole in the flexible part of the hose assembly you took off, so in the part that connects to the EGR
5) put a tap in the hole (15 quid I think I paid)
6) make sure there is no drilling debris in the pipes.
7) connect boost pipe to tap
8) reconnect and hook up all the electrics and boost tube.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.