How to fit Green Panel Filter

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
It is really simple, two phillips screws and lift the lid up.

Pull the old filter ot and slide the new one in, hook one end of the filter lid back in and tighten the screws.

Just about to fire two nearly new ones up on ebay at the moment, one complete with cleaning kit etc.

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
It is really simple, two phillips screws and lift the lid up.

Pull the old filter ot and slide the new one in, hook one end of the filter lid back in and tighten the screws.

Just about to fire two nearly new ones up on ebay at the moment, one complete with cleaning kit etc.

Oh right :rolleyes: didn't realise it was as easy as that. Very interested in yours feel free to post/PM me the link to your items!

On further searching what are peoples opinions on Pipercross filters opposed to the one I'm looking at?

Thanks

Last edited:

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
Yes its really really easy, as said, 2 screws (which shouldn't even fall out the holes) then lift (while sliding) the top and volia.

Done

I have a green filter and it works well. Any aftermarket filter will give good performance over the standard, however gains between them will not be noticeable.

Chris

P.S When I says gains, it might be 1-2hp and you can clean them lol

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
Yes its really really easy, as said, 2 screws (which shouldn't even fall out the holes) then lift (while sliding) the top and volia.

Done

I have a green filter and it works well. Any aftermarket filter will give good performance over the standard, however gains between them will not be noticeable.

Chris

:D LOL thanks. How often should/do you clean it and how? I see there is a cleaning kit that you can get but what's that got in it?

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
:D LOL thanks. How often should/do you clean it and how? I see there is a cleaning kit that you can get but what's that got in it?

Cleaning solution to disovle all the crap and then oil to re-oil the filter to trap all the crap.

I think it needs cleaning every 8000 miles odd, could be wrong.

Chris

Trappy

Joe,

If you're going to buy an uprated filter, then you may as well get an A'PEXi Power Intake (assuming it will fit). It's the best quality item on the market, is a dry type so doesn't need maintenance, and is no more expensive than any others.

Much better kit of kit than the K&N I used to have :)

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
Joe,

If you're going to buy an uprated filter, then you may as well get an A'PEXi Power Intake (assuming it will fit). It's the best quality item on the market, is a dry type so doesn't need maintenance, and is no more expensive than any others.

Much better kit of kit than the K&N I used to have :)

I'll carry on searching but as yet no luck. Does anyone know of these fitting a Cupra TDI? Also I assume it's a coned intake kit so not as easy as replacing the panel

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
Yeah, apparently the air intake on the cupra is more than fine with a green panel filter for a stage 1 map. As soon as get this I'll book it in, probably to be P-torqued.

if im not mistaken p-torque off multibuy discounts on items, might be worth dropping will an email and ask him,

also when where you lookin at getting the remap done?? i have mine booked in for january and we might be able to get a group discount if we get enough people interested??

joesmad4it

Cupra TD-aight!
Mar 11, 2008
Wickford - Essex
if im not mistaken p-torque off multibuy discounts on items, might be worth dropping will an email and ask him,

also when where you lookin at getting the remap done?? i have mine booked in for january and we might be able to get a group discount if we get enough people interested??

Yeah I did give them an email and they fit a green panel filter like you say so it definately sounds good to me. January sounds good for me I'd be up for that. How many would we need and do they do them on the same day?

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside

I fitted a K&N panel to my car whilst on a Rolling road. I got 1 BHP difference, 143.3 vs 142.1BHP on my Fabia vRS (PD 130). I was told it will improve when the ECU adapts to it. I have been told fitting a intake from a Ibiza PD160 may improve a bit more or a difference, especially during remapping.

Yes, both Green and K&N can be cleaned, but remember afterwards DO NOT over-oil it as will kill your MAF.

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
yeh the pd160 does make a differance, but they are standard on the cupra (PD160)

joe, i'll drop will an email and get some info on the group buy, i think i know a couple of people that might well be interested in coming along as well, when i get a reply i'll pm ya

Dommo7

OK, guys, I am getting an open cone filter for my FR, what is the differences between a K&N system? will getting a new open cone filter be sufficient for a planned remap in the new year?

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
Ooops, I didn't see the OP had a Cupra TDI, sorry :redface:

Most cone filter when fitted suck hot air from the engine bay making them useless. However I have seen people fitting covered ones with a intake pipe in the normal place which are much better. These are made by BMC (the carbon CDA).

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.