How to get more power from fr tdi ?

What mods could i do to up the power from 150bhp ?

Because I have seen one on the net it was a diesel cupra and he said it was pushing out 220bhp for a diesel ! :eek:

Has anyone got any clue on how i can make my beauty into a beast?
;) :think:

Last edited by a moderator:

shaunk8

May 30, 2010
morpeth
custom remap,hybrid turbo,miltek full exhaust system,but you will also need to have a sachs uprated clutch fitted or else it will wreck your standard clutch,
got this all done to mine and its awesome !! lol
different intercooler and hard pipe kit next on my shopping list:p

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
well simple answer is unless some work has been done it aint 220bhp, for that kind of bhp you will need exhaust and a remap and a new clutch minimum to get that power as well as a hybrid turbo

mine is a stage 1 remap and an exhaust and probably pushing about 190-195bhp with 290ish lb/ft of torque which is about the limit of the clutch and really what is possible for me without fmic and hybrid turbo

MJ

Public transport abuser
Apr 22, 2008
Manchester
m.facebook.com
well simple answer is unless some work has been done it aint 220bhp, for that kind of bhp you will need exhaust and a remap and a new clutch minimum to get that power as well as a hybrid turbo

mine is a stage 1 remap and an exhaust and probably pushing about 190-195bhp with 290ish lb/ft of torque which is about the limit of the clutch and really what is possible for me without fmic and hybrid turbo

Kassim is saying he saw a 220bhp one on the net, he would like to achieve similiar with his own.

Chris - if yours is a 150pd you already have a FMIC.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
this is interesting stuff as im looking to get a FR+ TDI instead of the LCR due to MPG

how much with a exhaust, remap, uprated clutch & a hybrid turbo decrease my MPG?

@shaunk8 you say you have done all this (and its awesome) have you had your dyno'ed bud? if so what sort of figure are YOU seeing?

hello thanks guys for replying appreciate it .. ITFBEN i was in the same situation as you i wanted to pick the much faster leon cupra R version but i was scared of with the mpg it gave compined its around 34 or 39 mpg but with my leon fr tdi i average out around 54mpg which is very pleasing and easy on the wallet ;)

shaunk8

May 30, 2010
morpeth
hi mate,no havnt had it dyno ed,will get my intercooler and pipework sorted first then i will get it put on the dyno.

shaunk8

May 30, 2010
morpeth
hi mate,to be honest ive no idea,but was hoping to be over the 200bhp barrier,
i havnt done any standing starts but it is quick,it tends to spin the wheels up to 3rd gear.
as for mpg,im getting about 43 ish on short runs and abt 48 on a run,

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
My mods lost me about 4 or 5 mpg at a steady motorway cruise of 90mph. Only does about 44-45 at that speed now! Round town, never below 40. On an economy run into the high 50's. The replacement downpipe was the last power mod and it was that which made about 80% of the MPG drop but was worth it. Clutch replacement will be a must once mod'd on a PD150.

Mar 13, 2010
Id just get a new air intake and a remap and see how happy you are, if you want it quicker then theres the option, as its big money when you start looking into hybrids and FMIC's.

itfben

DsignVinyl.com
Oct 24, 2009
nr. Tunbridge Wells
:thumbsup:

its is a nice car and its not a bad price just a shame about the scratch :(

i swear i heard about a 170bhp tdi fr leon (mk2?) running 350bhp?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.