How to make quadruple rear running lights

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Ok, ill give it a go the proper way. It's just that im having trouble sourcing a 2 pin bulb holder. I've tried a few places with no luck..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
Weird. I found them at the first place I tried. Tried halfords or some universal" place?

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
No problem soldering the sockets, I use a gas soldering iron so it gets plenty hot enough :)

Ok. I used a normal iron, while having to choose between that and a hot air blower as I figured the air would melt the plastic. Had a hard time with the solderability of the new socket as well, think it was brass or something.

Matt-V5-Duffy

Parts, parts, parts...
Oct 6, 2010
Nottinghamshire
The plastic did start to go a bit soft around the new socket but I wasn't that bothered as it was being soldered to the original metal of the original socket.
I sanded the soldered areas of the new socket before I started to make sure there was a nice clean connection.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
The plastic did start to go a bit soft around the new socket but I wasn't that bothered as it was being soldered to the original metal of the original socket.
I sanded the soldered areas of the new socket before I started to make sure there was a nice clean connection.

Any pics then?

Matt-V5-Duffy

Parts, parts, parts...
Oct 6, 2010
Nottinghamshire
I've not got any pics of the soldering but I have of them fitted :)

426110_544995320689_283800464_1274059_1606195730_n-1.jpg

Matt-V5-Duffy

Parts, parts, parts...
Oct 6, 2010
Nottinghamshire
He has started something as well! [B)]

I had been looking to so something with the rear lights for a while but didn't have any real ideas... then I saw this thread and thought it was a great idea.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Leon vs Toledo:
poliq/Matt-V5-Duffy said:

It's clear that the toledo has narrower inner lights, but from what I can see the four of them looks better anyway! ;)

Heres a dusk shot :)

20120304181223.jpg

I guess you can call 3-4 people a start.. But we'll see how many will be doing it. :)
I think that most people won't bother about doing this, because it takes too long and is a little tricky? I don't know.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Thanks Lee. :)
I guess that with aftermarket LED lights it wouldn't be the same anyway. Except it you did a dual LED conversion? :whistle:

I saw a guy (don't remember who) on here do that, audi style. Looked good as well, but that'd make an completely different rear though. Not sure which out of the two I prefer. Mine I guess, but then again, I'm disqualified to judge on the matter! :D

Thanks Lee. :)
I guess that with aftermarket LED lights it wouldn't be the same anyway. Except it you did a dual LED conversion? :whistle:

I saw a guy (don't remember who) on here do that, audi style. Looked good as well, but that'd make an completely different rear though. Not sure which out of the two I prefer. Mine I guess, but then again, I'm disqualified to judge on the matter! :D

i think it was emdee he made standard lights with aftermarket led insides it did look good,i will do the quad light thing when i can be bothered as it looks good and gives the other lights more purpose.

poliq

four-by-four fan
Aug 4, 2010
Røros, NO
Nice Matt! footwell ones look good, have planned to do it myself, except red to match the rest!
Are those part leather recaros? :)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members