How to remove egr valve on fr?

Sep 10, 2011
cheshire
I'm having a problem getting to one of the bolts because of that metal pipe that bolts to the egr won't move when I've undone it and I don't want to bend or snap it does anyone know how or is there a guide?

This is the bolt in question

5284f824-77c8-43be.jpg

Thenorthface

Anybody sorted this problem with the bolt position ? Got the extact same problem can't get to the bolts to remove the egr ? Somebody on here must of taken off there egr on there Leon fr tdi ??

Thenorthface

You still can't get a torx bit in the bolt the pipe is too close to it and I can't see where the pipe bolts too its covered with loads of rubber pipes ??

greyfloppyhat

Jun 14, 2011
Dublin/Belfast
Unbolting the 2 bolts on that pipe should allow it to move out the way enough for you to get at the egr bolt should it not. That pipe comes from the egr cooler

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Its very fidley but you can get to it! Had mine of loads of times when i had my PD170

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Alzak

Aug 10, 2010
How on earth do You want to move this pipe if You unbolt 2 screws ?? You can move it around 1-2cm just to put gasket in, no chance to move it any more than that unfortunately

Thenorthface

Its very fidley but you can get to it! Had mine of loads of times when i had my PD170

What tool did u use to take it off ? The pipe only moves very slightly I can't use a screw driver with t30 in or a socket ?

Thenorthface

Did u just push the egr cooler pipe out the way to get the bit in as mine only moves a few mm with the bolts out , tried just getting in a torx small bit in but it's really tight and still on a angle ?

David101

Jun 20, 2012
It might sound stupid but is the egr not controlled electronically by the ecu. If so in theory can u not delete/ remove it when you get it mapped.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Yes i removed mine on my PD170 it just brings the light on dash

I had it mapped out after 6 months

jamiegwillym

Aug 10, 2008
S Wales
Has anyone removed the EGR Cooler by any chance? Got Darkside Dev's EGR delete and EGR cooler delete ages ago but only did the EGR delete as the cooler seemed like a lot of effort.

Willz17

Jun 27, 2012
South Wales
Has anyone removed the EGR Cooler by any chance? Got Darkside Dev's EGR delete and EGR cooler delete ages ago but only did the EGR delete as the cooler seemed like a lot of effort.

spoke to ryan at Darkside Developments,
EGR Cooler only needs to be removed if its leaking or damaged.
If its not damaged dont delete it, as its no point =]

I got EGR delete Kit also

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members