How to remove (red) paintwork of black bumper?

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Whilst cleaning my car (Black Magic) I noticed the remains of scuff marks of red paintwork left on my black bumper. There are no dents, just red marks and in one area the black paint has been removed leaving behind a grey area, just a swirl.

Any advice on how to remove the red paint?
And touch up/fill/cover the one swirl where the top black paint has gone off?

It's not that bad only visible from close up, see:-

bumper2.jpg

bumperscratch2006.jpg

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
nice reflections in the 2nd picture ;)

I had red paint on the side of my car - got rid of it using a tiny bit of scratch-x, and then cleaned it up afterwards.

mark@carsparkle

Abnormally Large Member
Aug 9, 2005
Cold North
www.carsparkle.com
As above, something like scratch-x may do the trick but I would then finalise it with a more finer abrasive to remove any hazing caused by the Scratch-x.

On further reflection, you may be able to get rid of the paint by using a clay bar with a decent lube such as the Meguiars combo. Deffo worth thinking about if you do not want to risk hazing new paintwork.

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Cheers. I haven't got the Scratch X left (must be popular consumer product -as there was only one opened tube of the stuff left at Halfrauds -I didn't buy it, just tested a little:D -it was open anyway, rubbed some on my paintwork , but TBH I'm not sure this will do the job. I'll think about it.

Now Mark you menioned clay bar -I 've no idea how to use one -if I ever get that far!

Thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise