How to remove roof Aerial antenna-any pointers please?

Jase

Dec 3, 2017
Dear All,

Hope people are well.

I have read a few threads re this on here and elsewhere,am I right in saying to remove its a case of unscrewing till the aerial spins then move from side to side and pull genytly to remove?.

I also wanted to ask if someone could give me a link for a pair of front mudflaps.I spent today hooking out loads of mud from the floor pan sill where it meets the bottom of the front wings. I am guessing mud and crap spray up and trap inside the sill as it is open and there is a gap between wheel arch and inner wheels arch plastic liner. Does anyone think this is a bad design? my mk5 is 2008 and my wifes mk5 is 2014 both are the same design.

Thanks

Jason

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
From memory, yes after it is free to flop about just pull it out from the base.

Mud flaps, I've been there done that, currently none of our cars have been fitted with mud flaps, I try to keep these areas clean using a hose pipe and am quite happy for the air to flow through these areas and dry them off, though it is a poor design but I've considered that fitting mud flaps can lead to rusting as well as partially avoiding it.

Wife's previous 3 cars got mud flaps fitted though mainly that just stops the streams of mud etc running along the sides of the cars. My cars have always been used less and mainly on main roads so less of an issue, my previous car I bought mud flaps for and gave them to its next owner after storing them in the garage for over 13 years!

Edit:- remember to try to start new threads in the correct area for your car, this area is for maybe mods to post answers to frequently asked questions, ie like it says FAQs.

Last edited:

Jase

Dec 3, 2017
Hi Rum4mo,

Many thanks for the reply, did the aerial tonight fairly easy was just careful so that's done, cheers for the advice re mudflaps

Thanks

Jason

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members