How to use iPhone to play music via USB & MDI

middo

Hello Guys,

I collected my leon fr a day or two ago and have played with most of the gadgets. The next gadget i wanted to use was the usb port and muy iphone.

I thought i would be able to set the system to use the aux 2 then plug it in. But i keep getting a "Device not supported message".

What am i doing wrong? I'm using the Apple supplied cable.. Do i need to buy a seat one?

I have the multimedia 2.0 system in my 59 plate FR (with the sat nav screen) and i'm using an iphone 3g.

I have made calls with the bluetooth etc fine with no problems!

Have I set something up incorrectly?

Thank you for any help.

middo

big_richyt

You will need to but the Ipod cable from Seat mate! As it needs to plug into the USB and the Aux ;)

I paid £66.41 from the Stealers, the item code is: 1P9051785B

middo

Thats expensive! Thank you for your quick reply!

will i still be able to use the phone as i currently do via bluetooth?

middo

big_richyt

Yes you can still use your bluetooth for calls, all the cablesupports is the media and keeps it charged up plus the holder it comes with helps it stay in one place!

middo

robbing b@stards haha!

They don't mention the £60 cable in the sales pitch!

Cheers again

middo

webhype

Mar 30, 2008
Wakefield
www.8baller.co.uk
anybody got a pic of this cable kit? Could do with one actually.

Does it let you control iphone/ipod with steering wheel controls?

Its abit crappy at the mo, i have a standard aux out plug from the iphone into the aux in jack on front of the sat nav unit (the jack down in the..underneath bit next to usb sounds a little shitty when plugged in..sounds better when plugged into the aux in on the sat nav itself..dunno why?)

JimboGooner

anybody got a pic of this cable kit? Could do with one actually.

Does it let you control iphone/ipod with steering wheel controls?

Its abit crappy at the mo, i have a standard aux out plug from the iphone into the aux in jack on front of the sat nav unit (the jack down in the..underneath bit next to usb sounds a little shitty when plugged in..sounds better when plugged into the aux in on the sat nav itself..dunno why?)

if you look at the seat accesories site, multimedia, ipod connector, they have one pic !! (part number 1P9051785B) It des say it can be used via steering controls etc.

i am also interested in getting this also, but anxious that it will work !!

crg52

iPhone 4?

I am hunting for a device to connect my iPhone 4 to my new Leon. After looking all over the web, I came across this forum.

I contacted SEAT to ask if the 1P9051785B was compatible with the iPhone 4:

I can confirm that the iPhone 4 is not compatible with the iPhone cradle and cable that you can purchase for your vehicle. It is
only compatible for the iPhone 3 and iPhone 3GS.

I have replied asking if there are any plans to release an iPhone 4 compatible accessory, but no reply as yet - I'll update if I find anything.

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
I am hunting for a device to connect my iPhone 4 to my new Leon. After looking all over the web, I came across this forum.

I have replied asking if there are any plans to release an iPhone 4 compatible accessory, but no reply as yet - I'll update if I find anything.

My seat iPod cable says it's not compatible with my 3GS when I plug it in but all the features still work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moggy

Jan 9, 2011

ive got the ipod cradle and it works fine, i get an error message but works perfectly.

crg52

ive got the ipod cradle and it works fine, i get an error message but works perfectly.

Can you confirm that you are using the iPhone 4 and are able to change tracks, view track data on the head unit?

moggy

Jan 9, 2011
yup, iphone 4, track info shows on the hu and on the mfd, the only thing u cant to is switch playlists etc that has to be done using the controls on the stereo rather than the steering wheel

crg52

Resolved...

Right.

Finally, I can put this one to bed.

I bought a 1P9051785B from Accessory Plus for £74 (see my post on Hot UK Deals - search for "Seat Leon Mk2 iPhone Cradle")

I have installed it (takes seconds), and plugged my iPhone 4 (32Gb) into it.

The SEAT hi-fi recognises it via the MDI interface (although it produces a message saying that the iPhone is not compatible, just dismiss it), and I can control the tracks playing from the steering wheel controls, and the track info is displayed on the hi-fi display.

I am now chuffed (although £74 quid short!)

PS - It looks like the bracket at the top of the holder might need to be filed down to enable it to slip over the iPhone more easily, but this is a quick fix and should be simple for anyone to handle.

EDIT - Forgot to say thanks to everyone for their help! Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:

tehguy

Sep 9, 2010
Any iPod cradle or dock device which has AM, MW, FM or DAB radio will produce that message when you plug an iPhone into it, because the phone can interfere with the radio when it's receiving or broadcasting.

I have an iPhone 4 and I bought an el cheapo £15 cable off ebay (claimed to be a BMW interface one) and it works fine in my Leon, I get the information on the stereo screen, and I have full control over the volume, track forward/back, seek forward/back and playlist forward/back from both the stereo AND the steering wheel controls.

nedjo

Any iPod cradle or dock device which has AM, MW, FM or DAB radio will produce that message when you plug an iPhone into it, because the phone can interfere with the radio when it's receiving or broadcasting.

I have an iPhone 4 and I bought an el cheapo £15 cable off ebay (claimed to be a BMW interface one) and it works fine in my Leon, I get the information on the stereo screen, and I have full control over the volume, track forward/back, seek forward/back and playlist forward/back from both the stereo AND the steering wheel controls.

Is it Bmw i-drive cable_? Does it also charge your iphone_? i have an iphone 4 and hope it is suitable with that.

nedjo

Right.

Finally, I can put this one to bed.

I bought a 1P9051785B from Accessory Plus for £74 (see my post on Hot UK Deals - search for "Seat Leon Mk2 iPhone Cradle")

I have installed it (takes seconds), and plugged my iPhone 4 (32Gb) into it.

The SEAT hi-fi recognises it via the MDI interface (although it produces a message saying that the iPhone is not compatible, just dismiss it), and I can control the tracks playing from the steering wheel controls, and the track info is displayed on the hi-fi display.

I am now chuffed (although £74 quid short!)

PS - It looks like the bracket at the top of the holder might need to be filed down to enable it to slip over the iPhone more easily, but this is a quick fix and should be simple for anyone to handle.

EDIT - Forgot to say thanks to everyone for their help! Thanks guys

i'm using my iphone 4 with a hard case. With that case do you think it fits on craddle? Is it adjustable or what?

i'm using a case like that http://www.traderscity.com/board/us...esign-For-Iphone-4-Yellow-Ipohne-4-Case-1.jpg

Not so thick.

Nov 28, 2006
The cable I bought works perfectly with my old iPod Photo 20GB and with my iPhone 4. It charges both of them and works with all the steering wheel controls etc.

Both devices are Mac formatted and no issues.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.