Hybrid issues!

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
i found the problem, it was a 3mm gash in the pipe coming out of the turbo pipe!

So did you have the car going into limp mode alot? I changed a lot of my intercooler pipework and didnt notice that I had any holes that I noticed. Surely it'd smoke if I had a boost leak? Or you'd be able to hear it? Surely it'd never pull to that amount of boost with a leak?

it went in to limp mode 3 times over the space of 4 months! basically the frankinstein map that was put on by the previous owner was one of them maps that adjusts continuesly, i was given the cd that had the program(s) written on it, some programs from revo, some from jbs, and some from custom code! basically wee pieces of maps put together to make a full map! so i was able to get rid of the old map and put on the current map from torque tronixs, that of which im very satisfied!

as for the leak depending on the size of the hole, i dont think it would smoke, its a inch big gap then of course it would, but a tiny slit i think it would be ok! the noise would be loud from the whistling though

i honestly think the limp mode program hasnt been erased from the ECU, i am by no means knowledgeable when it comes to programing an ECU but ive seen codes being written in front of me to know what one thing should do and what another thing will do! i member seeing the egr program being removed from my software and replaced with a program that keeps the valve closed constant! to an extent where ive actually unblocked the vacuum pipe connected to the egr! knowing that its just to make it look factory! yet its not functiuonal!

my advice would be have p torque put on a fresh map, just a basic map (lets say to about 200 bhp and not the full craig david), made in front of you there and then asking what you want, when you want it on the rpm range! note that any great power will only be obtainable at and above 2500 rpm
if thats works perfectly then increase it to what you want !

if it continues not to work! id talk to TD about a possible warrenty issue with it, then again it may be an issue with something else!

my own opinion this is! so no bodies to be dissing what ive said! experience comes with experiencing it :)

you'll regain the love for you car man soon, once this issue is sorted! ;)
believe me ive hated my car at times, between turbo's blowning and wee let downs!

its just a bad time and it will get you down! ive figured to myself screw it and fix it, make this work and make it all mine! and ive not looked back, my cars a wee rocket now, as for the RX7 a few days ago, completely smoked it haha ;) that will make it worth it, once you have your first run, smiling more than the joker ha :)

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk
I'm not going to keep repeating myself.... the remap is not the issue here, the car obviously has a fault...

If its getting worse that alone should tell you its not software...what about the other 3 P-Torque hybrided guys on the forum? I don't know how many times I can say it.... the map is set at 1.9 bar

Keep posting here is dragging it out... I have told you the map is fine and all hoses need checking, and I will do this for you

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
TBH I am with Will on this 100%. Doesnt look at all like a mapping issue - could be a failing n75 valve, MAF or a split hose...

I'm not going to keep repeating myself.... the remap is not the issue here, the car obviously has a fault...

If its getting worse that alone should tell you its not software...what about the other 3 P-Torque hybrided guys on the forum? I don't know how many times I can say it.... the map is set at 1.9 bar

Keep posting here is dragging it out... I have told you the map is fine and all hoses need checking, and I will do this for you

my fault man, sorry to annoy ya! :)

get on vag com, its the only answer!

as said above, they will check it for ya! :D

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset

I did speak to you the other day about getting the car booked in and you said you didn't have your diary on you and that you'd get back to me. Which you didnt. So please dont make it sound like I'm not wanting to get the car sorted because I'm getting pretty fed up too.

I replaced 90% of the hoses at the weekend, the others that I could see and get to, I checked. I'm doing all I can believe me!

Ash, you realy need to get vag-com mate.

I've plugged in a fault code reader today. Two codes have come up. I will email Will the details AND post them on here so that it's clear.

I did speak to you the other day about getting the car booked in and you said you didn't have your diary on you and that you'd get back to me. Which you didnt. So please dont make it sound like I'm not wanting to get the car sorted because I'm getting pretty fed up too.

I replaced 90% of the hoses at the weekend, the others that I could see and get to, I checked. I'm doing all I can believe me!

I've plugged in a fault code reader today. Two codes have come up. I will email Will the details AND post them on here so that it's clear.

what fault codes came up???????

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle

A fault code reader may not give exactly the same code as vag-come mate. Those type of things normaly come with a manual which the fault code will refer too.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
Code one was saying that the turbo boost limit has been exceeded. Code two was saying the their was an intermittent fault linking with the MAF sensor.

Dameogan - I've been trying to get VAGCOM for nearly a week now. I'm doing all I can and using all I can to try to find problems! It's not as if I'm just sat on my arse saying "It's broke it's broke! - Someone do something." I'm trying things to sort it and getting in touch with so many people it's making me sick!

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
When boost limit has been exceeded this usually means more boost is being generated than is being requested. With leaky hoses you usually get a negative deviation as the turbo is giving X but receiving less due to boost losses in the pipework.

I would invest in a new MAF first though. It's amazing what the MAF does in terms of working the turbo properly, especially when wanting the best power where the overboost is occuring with the car in this case. :) You don't have a K&N / oiled filter do you?

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Code one was saying that the turbo boost limit has been exceeded. Code two was saying the their was an intermittent fault linking with the MAF sensor.

Dameogan - I've been trying to get VAGCOM for nearly a week now. I'm doing all I can and using all I can to try to find problems! It's not as if I'm just sat on my arse saying "It's broke it's broke! - Someone do something." I'm trying things to sort it and getting in touch with so many people it's making me sick!

I know your not just sitting on your arse not doing anything bud.

I would of expected the 'boost limit exceeded' code as its going into limp mode due to high boost.

I know its a right pain in the arse when things dont work the way you want them to mate, especialy when you have to travel so far to get it sorted out. I have been through problems myself and traveled 4 hours each way but Will sorted it in a matter of minutes :)

I'm sure Will will get to the bottom of your problem, Ash.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
When boost limit has been exceeded this usually means more boost is being generated than is being requested. With leaky hoses you usually get a negative deviation as the turbo is giving X but receiving less due to boost losses in the pipework.

I would invest in a new MAF first though. It's amazing what the MAF does in terms of working the turbo properly, especially when wanting the best power where the overboost is occuring with the car in this case. :) You don't have a K&N / oiled filter do you?

I'm going to leave everything as it is until P-Torque look at it on Friday so he can be sure that I'm not making it up. I did have a K&N induction kit on my car over a year ago. I heard they cause problems. Now I have a green cotton panel filter and PD160 air intake.

I know your not just sitting on your arse not doing anything bud.

I would of expected the 'boost limit exceeded' code as its going into limp mode due to high boost.

I know its a right pain in the arse when things dont work the way you want them to mate, especialy when you have to travel so far to get it sorted out. I have been through problems myself and traveled 4 hours each way but Will sorted it in a matter of minutes :)

I'm sure Will will get to the bottom of your problem, Ash.

I hope so. I've emailed him my requests and issues Im having with the car so hopefully it'll live again. Then maybe if it's sorted on Friday, I can take it to GTI Spring Festival at Santa Pod on Sunday and see what it does.

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
I'm now on the look out for a PD150 turbo unit! If any of you guys know of one going reasonably cheap then let me know.

The car is back to standard now, standard KKK turbo and a remap. Hybrid went wrong - see my mods thread for info.

But i'm starting again! :D So if anyone knows of a GT1749VB going then be a darlin and let me know? :D Cheers fella's and fellaettes.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Only just started reading this thread, but:

I plugged a mates scan gauge in, it said I was doing 22.3psi on tickover. Then he plugged it back into his car and it said 0psi. So there must be something with my car!

There's definitely a hardware fault with your car then - nowt to do with the mapping.

To me it sounds clearly like a MAP sensor fault - it's obviously misreading boost pressure, you can't get 22 psi on tickover as the turbo won't be spinning. That'll be why the ECU is thinking the turbo is overboosting.

You need to address this fault before doing anything else, otherwise you'll just end up throwing money at the car and ending up with more problems.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Only just started reading this thread, but:

There's definitely a hardware fault with your car then - nowt to do with the mapping.

To me it sounds clearly like a MAP sensor fault - it's obviously misreading boost pressure, you can't get 22 psi on tickover as the turbo won't be spinning. That'll be why the ECU is thinking the turbo is overboosting.

You need to address this fault before doing anything else, otherwise you'll just end up throwing money at the car and ending up with more problems.

The problem is now sorted mate. The wrong turbo was fitted so therefore the map was wrong as it was mapped for the turbo that was meant to be fitted...

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
The problem is now sorted mate. The wrong turbo was fitted so therefore the map was wrong as it was mapped for the turbo that was meant to be fitted...

Yes but even though it's now agreed it was the wrong turbo, that still wouldn't explain a 22psi reading at tickover - there should be no boost at tickover unless something is falsely requesting it / making it.

Hope he gets it sorted in the end

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise