hybrid turbo

dukeandace

where is the place to buy one and what sort of price am i looking at i want to get my 2002 cupa r upto 300 mark.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
where is the place to buy one and what sort of price am i looking at i want to get my 2002 cupa r upto 300 mark.

youll struggle to get 300bhp form hybrid k03s.. 270 more realistic

much more needed than just the turbo mind

cr turbos and badger 5 are the men you want

matt_s

4 8 15 16 23 42
Dec 23, 2004
youll struggle to get 300bhp form hybrid k03s.. 270 more realistic

much more needed than just the turbo mind

cr turbos and badger 5 are the men you want

He doesn't want a k03s hybrid, it's an lcr so it's already got a k04.

dukeandace

:-oso do i need a new turbo or can some thing be done to it to get me to the 300 mark, and no i need more then just a turbo, ive got a full blue flame exhaust system, forge induction kit intercooler stage 2 remap was thinking of changing the cams and pullys, changing the brake disks and addeding braded brake lines and changing the spark plugs and PowerCore ignition coil amplifiers. would i need to change anything else.:-o

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
:-oso do i need a new turbo or can some thing be done to it to get me to the 300 mark, and no i need more then just a turbo, ive got a full blue flame exhaust system, forge induction kit intercooler stage 2 remap was thinking of changing the cams and pullys, changing the brake disks and addeding braded brake lines and changing the spark plugs and PowerCore ignition coil amplifiers. would i need to change anything else.:-o
Give Turbo Dynamics and CR Turbo's a bell, they offer a hybrid service for our turbo's. With the right supporting mods 300bhp should be achievable. I wouldn't bother with cams and pully's though as theres no need, are very expensive and can ruin the ride quality.

dukeandace

just been on backdraft web sit they say the BDM K04 Hybrid Turbo will get me up to the 300 mark with the other upgrades is this poss.

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
speak to jabbasport aswell on there ihi conversions, see 340 with one of those, jbs to a jbs04 i think, badger 5 will do conversions aswell, p-torque fit big turbo, awesome gti do.... list is endless, but for a safe 300bhp then the bdmk04 is a good bet.

im sure that high flow dp and cat will be needed, fmic, cat back to match the dp and cat, 4bar fpr, good cold air feed and then youll need to uprate the handling to cope with the above.

jamiebennett81

im sure that high flow dp and cat will be needed, fmic, cat back to match the dp and cat, 4bar fpr, good cold air feed and then youll need to uprate the handling to cope with the above.

he already has most of that....

dukeandace

thanks for the replys, will be looking in to all those points

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
yeah, see this loads people chace big figures,

the golf boys want 250 the lcr lads want 300.

basically you can get a lcr up to around 285 with good mods on stage two, whilst not needing to do internals, manifolds etc saving thousands. is it worth it for 15bhp, lets face is how often do you drive on the auto bahns?

jake

I AV MOSTLY BEEN BEATING
Feb 2, 2003
rochdale
Visit site
its the same with the golf boys, a good stage two will see 235-240 but they want 250 lol (should of bought a seat *cough*)

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
i was told the cr turbo is good for up to 340bhp with stage 2 mods. i take it thats not true then? whats the max you can get out of it before having to upgrade the manifold?

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
i was told the cr turbo is good for up to 340bhp with stage 2 mods. i take it thats not true then? whats the max you can get out of it before having to upgrade the manifold?

High flow exhaust manifold, wmi and rods needed imho to reach those figures.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.