Hybrid Turbo

CurpaGRAHAM

Well either to be honest, would be fun to do it myself :)

CurpaGRAHAM

oh right ok thanks for the help :) by the way when you say machined do you mean bored out so the ko4 turbine fits?

CurpaGRAHAM

Well I was going to put the internals of a ko4 in, won't that be the turbine and compressor?

CurpaGRAHAM

Yeah but doing a full ko4 conversion will cost a lot more than a hybrid turbo?

CurpaGRAHAM

Heh heh lol I'd probs get a turbo place to do it for me :) and hybrid is less chew on too haha

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
You need professional CNC machining of housings within as tight tolerances as possible to make the bigger turbine wheel and compressor wheel fit and work perfect.

If you use a reasonable bigger compressor wheel you also need to make kind of sleeve with bigger outside diameter (The part where the intake hose mounts to) and bigger inside diameter.

This is how I do it for a 300+hp turbo on k03 basic turbo:

Turbine is also maximized in size, but hard to catch on photo on this turbo due to the 90° bend.

BR,

Alex

CurpaGRAHAM

Awesome! :p is the rs6 turbine and 2283 compressor used in this turbo by any chance?

CurpaGRAHAM

Cool! Where did you get the 2283 compressor from? Coz I've finding it difficult to find them :/, oh so what turbine did you use in stead on rs6? And how did you get 300bhp!? Lol

CurpaGRAHAM

Heh heh nice ;P does that mean you'd provide me with the parts for a hybrid turbo? Just to clarify lol, ooh naughty :p

majesty78

Oct 6, 2008
Austria
No, I came in this forum a few years ago as a private user, my business development appeared this year.
So I am no vendor in this forum and won't make any offers to keep it fair.

BR Alex