I have got myself a Toledo...

TeamBosie

Jul 24, 2013
Toddington, Beds
Hi all,

I have recently bought myself a 2002 Toledo 1.9 TDi 110 SE for running around in. We have a 2016 Leon FR and I have a Jag XF S and the Toledo is my little runabout for commuting. The car has blown me away with its solid feel, confy interior, big boot, cheap parts and seriously good economy ,especially on a long run. It requires a little TLC to get it looking good, I have just carried out an oil change and changed the very black pollen and air filters. I've sourced some 17" Leon mk1 cupra wheels to replace the little 15s and i've got hold of 4x Conti EcoContact5 tyres for it too. I've replaced the headlight bulbs with some better Philips ones and replace the interior lighting with LEDs. Last thing I want to do is the brakes. There is some grinding / binding which sounds likes its coming from the rear. I'd like to replace all the discs and pads anyway. I've seen a few different size discs on ECP, Ebay, GSF etc. I'll go measure my discs but was there ever any bigger discs / pads fitted to the Toledo?

Cheers,
Bob

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Hi and welcome

The only one which got bigger rear discs was the 1.8 20VT ,
Far as I know they where all 256mm only difference was the 20VT got the Cupra r rear Calipers which are the same but wider to take vented discs

As for front all depends on your car as yours may have the Caliper carrier built into the hub which makes upgrades rather difficult , used to be called fs2 I think

If it’s not built into the hub you can have all sorts up front

288mm diesels normally
312mm 20VT front
323mm Cupra r brembo Calipers

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise