I miss my 17's, so...

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
can anyone recommend a decent person to sort out my arches on the front of my car to stop them rubbing. My grandad had a bash (literally) and sadly the paint has cracked a little around the inside of the arch.

cordobabrendy

FOOORRREEE!
Aug 24, 2001
belfast
why 17s though? the only profile you will be able to use will be so thin you will shake back down the road, 16s are great on the mk2, i had 3 sets on mine when i had it. tried 195 and 205 profiles, both were very comfortable and still gripped. in this weather the slightly thinner tyre will help in the crap winter weather.

spyke85

I Like Cheese!
Oct 26, 2003
Bolton
Visit site
I ran 205/40/17's on it, not sure on the offset, had a discussion a whil eback about it and couldnt find out from the wheel. Its purely for looks, I was really pleased with the way the car looked on the multispokes, but I got some 20vt alloys, ok great for handling and no rubbing.

(beeza gti)

mk2 golf 20vt
Aug 22, 2004
porthcawl,south wales
they can be done but re-painting would be needed as the wings would probably ripple a bit,ive done it for customers in work just by folding them gently with a hammer and dolly

cupra_mike

sorry to hear that mate. What you been quoted to fix it? Also what 17" monza's do u hav? im planning 2 get them next wk but torn between matt black or white monza's with the red decal! Also any pics to see what they loo
k like?
Cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.