I think im going to start saving for a Cupra

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Over the last few days i've been looking at Cupra R's!
I thought i might do that, even though i initially intended on getting the 180 Cupra.
That was purely down to costs though but i did run some quotes as a 22 year old with 2 years NCB. (I'm 21 now with 1 years NCB but i might turn 22 and hopefully get another years NCB during the saving period.)
I know that if i get a 180 i will think...yeah but its not an 'R' so hasn't got the subtle details and the alloys and bodykit.
That is a never ending situation to be in i know, but it's just the way i look at things. The 'R's have the subtle detail's which i look for in cars and without them it would be a constant reminder that i haven't got the one i'd really like.

Those quotes for a Cupra R came back at...
£1372 (22 yrs old, 2yrs ncb)
£1539 (21 yrs old, 1 yrs ncb)

Really expensive, but i was thinking about paying it off for the year.
Also if i save up for 'that long' to afford one a bit longer shouldn't be that hard. (easy to say that!)
The feel good factor i imagine would be fantastic if i saved up and bought a nice 'R' and payed off the insurance aswell. :)

Also because of that hard saving and patience my respect for what i am driving should help with my lack of experience with that amount of power.

adam5363

Nov 4, 2008
hampshire or notts
i saved up the cash to buy my lcr outright and to pay off insurance for the year, i'm 24 and the insurance still cost me £1200, with 2yrs ncb and 6 points,

best thing i ever did was to save up and buy the car i wanted outright,

best of luck to you and i hope you succeed

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Firstly, good luck with the saving Benji!

You said in an earlier post that you would come back to this thread for inspiration whilst saving up so I thought I'd add my own comments for you to read, both now & later on!

So you've decided on petrol, that's one thing out of the way!
Regards the choice of the R - all I can say is go for it dude! If that's the car you really want (which it is) & you've got the discipline & commitment to save for it (which you obviously have) then why not? It's true what you say that if you bought a 180, you'd LOVE it. But it may then be just a matter of time before you may want to change again, be it for an R or some other model if not a Leon/Seat.

I lost a nephew last summer who was about your age, & it taught me a lot of valuable lessons about life, even at my age. He really lived his life incredibly well, & did more in his short time here than people 3 times his age. He was a true inspiration to many, including myself. The only reason I mention him is to aid me in trying to make a point. And that is that you've clearly got your head screwed on, you know what it is you want, so just go with your heart as your head's already in the right place!

I hope this goes some way in helping you make the choice that's right FOR YOU!

Happy saving, & remember, don't lose sight of what it is you're saving for & why, especially when patience wears thin, & I'm sure we ALL look forward to seeing your new pride & joy this year or next!

:)

Last edited:

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
i saved up the cash to buy my lcr outright and to pay off insurance for the year, i'm 24 and the insurance still cost me £1200, with 2yrs ncb and 6 points,

best thing i ever did was to save up and buy the car i wanted outright,

best of luck to you and i hope you succeed

Thanks Adam.
I think i'll feel very proud if i manage to do this as i'm sure you did.
I was chuffed when i got my 1.6 and now the challenge is bigger but there's a better reward.

Firstly, good luck with the saving Benji!

You said in an earlier post that you would come back to this thread for inspiration whilst saving up so I thought I'd add my own comments for you to read, both now & later on!

So you've decided on petrol, that's one thing out of the way!
Regards the choice of the R - all I can say is go for it dude! If that's the car you really want (which it is) & you've got the discipline & commitment to save for it (which you obviously have) then why not? It's true what you say that if you bought a 180, you'd LOVE it. But it may then be just a matter of time before you may want to change again, be it for an R or some other model if not a Leon/Seat.

I lost a nephew last summer who was about your age, & it taught me a lot of valuable lessons about life, even at my age. He really lived his life incredibly well, & did more in his short time here than people 3 times his age. He was a true inspiration to many, including myself. The only reason I mention him is to aid me in trying to make a point. And that is that you've clearly got your head screwed on, you know what it is you want, so just go with your heart as your head's already in the right place!

I hope this goes some way in helping you make the choice that's right FOR YOU!

Happy saving, & remember, don't lose sight of what it is you're saving for & why, especially when patience wears thin, & I'm sure we ALL look forward to seeing your new pride & joy this year or next!

:)

Thankyou!
I will and do read these comments every now and then. Weekends are hardest, mainly because when im at work, im at work and dont have the time to be 'bored'
It's going to be a long old haul, but i keep holding onto the end reward and feeling if i manage to get there.

Yeah i'd be kidding myself if i bought a 180 you've hit the nail on the head about it aswell.
There is no doubt what so ever that i would love that car, but it will fade over time. I'm sure it would with an R aswell and it does with any car, but it's the one i want.

I'm sorry to hear about your nephew buddy. It's great that your inspired by him.
I lost my grandad last summer and he was also and still is a great inspiration for me, one of his many sayings was 'patience is a virtue' i never knew what a 'virtue' was and for that reason the saying stayed in my mind. I now know that a virtue is a 'good thing' so patience is a good thing to have so i stick by it.
Also good things come to those who wait, which i hear every now and then.

The thought of taking some pictures of it and posting them in this thread is a huge incentive! :)

adam5363

Nov 4, 2008
hampshire or notts
i don't think having a lcr will ever wear off i still get excited everytime i get in it, and i think everyone who owns a lcr will agree, they are too much fun ha ha ha

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
I had rather a frustrating day today! I drove around quite a bit to find some new trainers. (I know i should be saving, trust me i didnt want to buy any, but my current ones have a hole in the bottom and wet socks at work isnt nice!)
Anyway after all of that, my petrol light went on and i didnt get any! lol

To top it off...in the last car park i was in, in front of me was a lovely silver LCR 04 plate. :cry:

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
I've just clocked out for the week now, at work.
I done a healthy 15 hours overtime! It should get me an extra £146. 25 (I worked it out to the penny! lol)
Because my area manager hasn't been in all week i've been trying to balance 2 jobs.

That should help with the saving! :D

George

Good stuff :)

The good thing about working a lot is that it occupies you and you can't be out spending money at the same time cos you're too busy!

Instead you're making money, so it's like a double bonus!

:D

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
That's commitment, you won't be disappointed.
I'm more than up for this challenge! At the end i bet i'll be smiling like this chap >>> :D

Good stuff :)

The good thing about working a lot is that it occupies you and you can't be out spending money at the same time cos you're too busy!

Instead you're making money, so it's like a double bonus!

:D

Precisely! That's exactly why i do it.
It's mad but i want to spend as much of the weekend at work as possible!
There was one brief moment when i thought i was going to stay until 2-3 ish and i was more than happy to do so.
Also when there's no-one around you can get more done i think.

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Haha. It sounds good, someone commented earlier that it always puts a smile on his face when he drives it.

I love my 1.6, actually stopped in my tracks today at work when i caught a glimpse of it out of the window.
So no doubt i'll feel the same if i owned an LCR. They just happen to go a bit more and have the trimmings! aswell :D

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
You going for the 'R' now not the 180?
Yeah. I thought and thought about it, and i think i'd only want an R sometime down the line.
So i might aswell save a bit more and be more patient then hopefully i should have enough plus my car to trade in, to buy an R outright and pay off the insurance! :D

The R is what i really want so there's not much point in getting a 180, i just thought the R was out of my depth, but it really isnt if i want it bad enough.

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Just an update really.
I'm at the thousand pound mark, so £1K closer but still £4K to go.

I also got the overtime pay slip today. It feels a bit funny quoting myself but some of you will remember when i typed this...
I've just clocked out for the week now, at work.
I done a healthy 15 hours overtime! It should get me an extra £146. 25 (I worked it out to the penny! lol)
Because my area manager hasn't been in all week i've been trying to balance 2 jobs.

That should help with the saving! :D
After that week i done a further 16 hours overtime the next, so totalling 31 hours overtime in 2 weeks!
Let's just say the payslip looked extremely healthy! :D

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
:funk:
Still a long way to go, but im £1K closer!

I'll try to keep this thread updated at every milestone. :)

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
My savings are about to take a big, big hit!
My catalyic converter core is loose, i took it to Kwik-Fit today and was given an estimation of £375 for the parts! They'll need to be fitted aswell, and the car is also due a service!
Looking at £500-£600 for the parts, then get them fitted and also service it!
Half my savings swiped away!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise