I think im going to start saving for a Cupra

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
£1500 update!

This has been ever so slow getting upto £1500! To be fair, i had the AA membership which was £180 odd and im going to pay the bank a visit tommorow and talk about how i can save up better and maybe start putting the money into an ISA.

Anyway, bit closer! :)

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
I just thought i'd give another update, its not a milestone or anything, but i've made some cutbacks and its just nice to see the reward.

£1889.95 to be exact! :D

briggsy1987

Mar 24, 2009
I just used confused and go compare.
Might be because of your age, i think these days a small difference is at least £100.
Insurance companies are brutal aswell.

I used the comparison websites then went to direct line, clear 200 quid cheaper than tesco value (which for fully comp is pathetic, 800 excess no windscreen cover etc). Hate to sound at all like a salesman as I'm not lol but direct line don't use comparison websites at all as they prefer to stay independent, always worth giving them a look. Got my insurance 12 months for the price of 12 on a special offer which made it by far the cheapest quote, my girlfriend as main driver with 1 year's ncb, both 21, 1300 quid.

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
Well done Benji - your hard work & commitment will pay dividends in the end - & you'll appreciate it all the more for it! ;)

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Well done Benji - your hard work & commitment will pay dividends in the end - & you'll appreciate it all the more for it! ;)

Thanks mate. It is very hard! :(
I've had the brother whittling on at me about him getting either a 4Motion or R32 on finance. He said to me...'Finance might even be better for you' All he's done is put temptation in my mind which is so hard to ignore when i still have about £4K to go!

I just keep thinking the sense of achievement will be immense if i save and pay with all my own money!

Just as you said R69! :)

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
In your own words on the first page of this thread...

Oh thanks mate :)
I shudder at the thought of a loan, even though i dont doubt i will love the new car, there will be that period when i'd still be paying for it months later.
Look at what borrowing money does to people!

;)

Mar 15, 2008
Hatfield, Herts
Hi fella,

Sorry to hijack slightly but saw you're in Cambridge ... fancy coming down to the EA meet near Duxford at end of May - it's a RR day but you don't have to run and get to meet quite a few like-minded friendly people as well as BBQ - hoping for a good turnout :) Details in my sig :)

Good luck with the savings for the LC/LCR ... we would ideally have had a LCR but made more sense financially at the time to go with the LC and we don't regret it at all - still manages to put a massive smile on my face when I go for a drive :)

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
I'd like to go to a few meets Kev. That sounds good, i might just do that!

I just got given my payslip, literally just opened it.

This post has now became the £2K update! :D

Ben111

I'd like to go to a few meets Kev. That sounds good, i might just do that!

I just got given my payslip, literally just opened it.

This post has now became the £2K update! :D

Hi Benji,

Hopefully to give you some encouragement I just bought (a month ago) an 02 Cupra 180 with full history and 46K miles for £4,000...

I've loved it since I've had it and highly recommend one.

Good luck with the saving!

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Hi Benji,

Hopefully to give you some encouragement I just bought (a month ago) an 02 Cupra 180 with full history and 46K miles for £4,000...

I've loved it since I've had it and highly recommend one.

Good luck with the saving!

Hello mate. Sounds like you got yourself an absolute bargain there! ;)
That price really is encouraging! I think it really is a buyers market out there, so maybe with some haggling i could knock the price down a bit!

What's also encouraging is the fact that every single person thats bought either a Cupra or a Cupra R on here has said there loving every minute of it! :D

Thanks for sharing that buddy. :)

106Lad

I too am in the same boat as you Benji.

Currently got a 306 GTi-6, that owes me a fortune, i may just stick it into storage?

But im also saving for an LCR, as i have been instilled with the 'Dont spend what you havent got' Gene since birth! :lol:

So loans and financing make me cringe a the though.

But good luck, im also about £4k shy :( but it hopefully will all be worth it in the end.

Chin up chap!

Mark

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
Good to know someone else is saving the pennies! I've been called all sorts by my family recently. 'Mr tight' being the most common. lol

To be honest...the 'dont spend what you havent got' phillosophy is seen as just common sense for me. Well maybe just maybe personal prefferance perhaps.
A loan is almost like a 'too good to be true' scenario i think, and that will always bite your backside in the future.

I think its definately a good way to be though.

Ideally i'd like to have £7K to spend on a car, but would obviously like to spend as little as possible.
I'm after a 225 prefferably an 04 plate and 7 grand would be a good amount to have for that i think.

The main thing will be insurance though and because its going to be a lot, i would prefer to save some money and not give the insurance company a penny more by paying it off for the year.
That takes more saving though and i'd need about £1200 to cover for insurance, so you could say i need £8,200.
Then again i do also have to sell my car. I'm really hoping for £2K as it is in great condition for an 8 year old car, paintwork is brilliant.

So you could say the rounded up target amount for me is approx £6,500.
Another £4K to go, considering i already have £2K. Maybe! (i shall type that again...MAYBE!) it really isnt as far off as i first thought! :D

Benji

Dec 29, 2008
Cambs
I've done quite a bit of overtime this and last week, i hope to keep doing at least some, but that depends on the workload really.

Anyway...£2,500 :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise