i want vagcom but dont know which one

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
tryed searching but dont really understand any of this vagcom business.

i want vag com to use on my 53 plate cupra r. which cable do i need? what version of vagcom do i need? how much is it going to cost? where do i get it from. a link with everything i need would be great. i want to be able to do logging via vagcom as i have a running fault.

help me please.lol

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
imho.... shite mate, but im sure ill get flamed for it, but full version is the way to go for full logging and features and full ross tech support.

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
ok, i just want to check boost pressure etc to see if im loosing a bit of boost so i mite try a cheap ebay one first. got to get a cheap laptop aswel. on ebay i dont know what i need there are hundreds to choose from. KKL cable?

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
cant check boost on shareware version iirc... block 115 for boost actual vs requested.. shareware iirc doent allow logging of that high blocks??

id also have a look through vagcom section and see how many posts people make on... cable wont connect etc on the ebay cables.

Last edited:

Jamie225

Dec 16, 2009
Leicester
yeh i apreciate it mate. im going to have a look at the weekend for anything obvious and if not i will be intouch

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
its hard to pinpoint faults on the 1.8t without logging tbh, obvious look for split hoses, especially under inlet manifold mate, check hoses form n75 to charge pipe and from dv to charge pipe, check throttle body to intercooler hose, run engine and mix tiny bot of wash up liquid in water then spray over pipes and look for bubbles, if you have bubbles then theres your air leak.

but via vagcom logs you will see boost leaks, lean/rich mixture, missifres etc etc.....

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members