Ibiza 1.4 problems

Sam18

Sep 9, 2018
Hi I’m looking at buying a 2014 1.4 toca ibiza,I’m wondering if there’s many major faults / problems with this years car ?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Only problem is it's soooooo slow. Nothing below 3000 rpm and not a great deal above it.
Ours had a faulty AC compressor from new (quickly replaced) and the rear drums bind on (and the handbrake slackens off).
It drives nice, but did I mention the gutless engine.

Buy a 2013 or newer 1.2 TSI instead. You wont regret it and it's a completely different driving experience.

Sam18

Sep 9, 2018
Only problem is it's soooooo slow. Nothing below 3000 rpm and not a great deal above it.
Ours had a faulty AC compressor from new (quickly replaced) and the rear drums bind on (and the handbrake slackens off).

Buy a 2013 or newer 1.2 TSI instead. You wont regret it and it's a completely different driving experience.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Yesterday AVIS rented me an i20 1.2. Same power rating as the TOCA but just seems freer revving. It's not as nice a car overall, but I do wonder if there is a cheap way to unstrangle the VAG 1.4 16v to make it a bit more fun.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.