Ibiza 1.5 disappeared off the uk site

DavRei

Oct 16, 2018
Here in Denmark the 1.5 is no longer available. All current orders will be fulfilled, but after that - only the 1.0

Scrogg

Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...
Dec 31, 2017
Nothing from SEAT UK about this...

Ordering for Arona 1.5 TSI EVO 150 opened on Tuesday.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Hopefully patience required here, until this variant has been subjected to latest testing, it will not appear as a possibility I'd reckon.

dc98ddc

Sep 1, 2008
I've been waiting for the 1.5 Tsi on the ibiza as well, and finally Seat UK contacted me last week, they said mid-Nov to end of Nov. they should have the 1.5 TSI open to order.....

benjyyy

Jun 14, 2017
They better not be scrapping it completely. I've been waiting patiently for months. Communication is a joke

farrar

Mar 18, 2005
This is good news for current 1.5 TSI owners should increase the value of our cars on the used market. :happy:

Just a few of the guys on the Leon page to be honest. I can't imagine them keeping the 1.0L only, especially if they haven't even announced that there is going to be an Ibiza Cupra yet.

The Fabia only has the 1.0 TSI as the top engine and so does the Polo (excluding the GTI) There is definitely an Ibiza Cupra on the way, Seat have already mentioned its development to motoring magazines etc. It will be the same 2.0 TSI as the Polo GTI.

alpineSi

Oct 6, 2018
Nottingham
On the Spanish sites the chat is similarly confused with some dealers saying that it's dead and others that it will be back in January. One guy posted a response from SEAT CS about the 1.5 today which I attach here. It's bacially saying that they're always updating the range and with respect to customers' wishes etc they 'don't rule out' soon launching a vehicle with 'similar characteristics'. Make of that what you will!

Attachments

• 20181120_142850.jpg
    20181120_142850.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 106

sembattis

Jun 28, 2018
I have now a confirmed build date for my 1.5TSI EVO Ibiza. Will be built week 49. The dealer said that they don't have any WLTP specifications for the engine yet.

AdLion84

Nov 20, 2018
On the Spanish sites the chat is similarly confused with some dealers saying that it's dead and others that it will be back in January. One guy posted a response from SEAT CS about the 1.5 today which I attach here. It's bacially saying that they're always updating the range and with respect to customers' wishes etc they 'don't rule out' soon launching a vehicle with 'similar characteristics'. Make of that what you will!

My dealer showed me an email in which they essentially say that, because a "capacity problem" in the Martorell factory, it's not possibile anymore to order a Seat Ibiza 1.5 TSI. Order already sent will be fullfilled.

Do you think is it possibile to modify an open "unfilled" order? @Scrogg what are your news?

benjyyy

Jun 14, 2017
Got confirmation today...

The 1.5 TSI engine has been taken out of production for the SEAT Ibiza and currently will not be returning pending further publication. Unfortunately until we receive any further information regarding this engine,
I cannot provide you with a time-scale for this, should it come back into production.

Annoying.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.