Ibiza 1L DSG is finally here!

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
After a very long await, just under 10 months, my ibiza has finally arrived!
It's a little different to how I remember, I think because it's MY19, for example the interior has a nice leatherette style dash instead of just the hard plastic.
So far, I'm very chuffed!
Any tips for set up when it arrives? I've turned on how to auto fold the mirrors when locking, for example. Anything else?
b3c7037c1756c9ba51766913af53b6da.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Simon Barker

Dec 21, 2018
Looks great! Noticed you have lost wheel nut cover on locking nut, these are not a good fit and very loose. We have lost three in last month on my wife Arona. Think you might want to get some spares from dealer and stick on bit tighter. Think it's the cold weather

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Enjoy your car! In the first 500 miles, take it easy, and be gentle (doesn't mean labouring engine all the time though), use the revs, even up to 3k rpms.....after 500 miles, you can drive it normally, but try not to go to the redline, try not to go beyond 4k rpms, after 1k miles, you don't have to worry much.
Give it good fuel (not supermarket stuff, unelss it's Momentum 99), with the odd tank of Esso Supreme 97 or Shell Vpower 99 every now and then. If you only do city driving (light/medium traffic) expect just under or around 40mpg, if mixed driving, around 45mpg is possible, and if you only do gentle mid-speed flowing motorway runs (40-60mph), you can probably do 50-55mpg. With no traffic on 40-50mph roads, even 60mpg is possible, but very rare...

MalteseSeat

Aug 1, 2018
I've just been told that my Xcellence 1.0 DSG is estimated to arrive in Malta at the end of Feb :D

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Enjoy your car! In the first 500 miles, take it easy, and be gentle (doesn't mean labouring engine all the time though), use the revs, even up to 3k rpms.....after 500 miles, you can drive it normally, but try not to go to the redline, try not to go beyond 4k rpms, after 1k miles, you don't have to worry much.
Give it good fuel (not supermarket stuff, unelss it's Momentum 99), with the odd tank of Esso Supreme 97 or Shell Vpower 99 every now and then. If you only do city driving (light/medium traffic) expect just under or around 40mpg, if mixed driving, around 45mpg is possible, and if you only do gentle mid-speed flowing motorway runs (40-60mph), you can probably do 50-55mpg. With no traffic on 40-50mph roads, even 60mpg is possible, but very rare...

Bear in mind the Mk6 is a bit heavier and has a bigger frontal area, so it may not quite reach these heights, especially before it's run in.
My 1.0 averaged under 40 mpg when brand new, going up to about 46 around 2000 miles. By 6000 miles the long term average was 51 mpg.

pege63

Apr 10, 2018
Borders
DSG is great, I prefer to run it in S mode at all times as it reposns better and labour less and to me the fuel consumption is a bit better especially as its hilly here. I find start/stop scary on mine ie it stops when the car is in motion when wanting to turn right so often switch it off. Have complained to SEAT that it is dangerous. Not sure if you have the adaptive cruise but if you do then you will love it, use it 75% of all driving and its brill to keep the distance to the car in front (when they are slower than you ;-) ). I think the screen it too bright at night so have turned it down to lowest setting, door lights set to red and are cool. You can set it to blacken out too after 10 sec but this reset after ignition is off. I use paddles sometimes before overtaking as to drop down a few coggs just before. Have set lights to auto and set to come on early (better to be seen) and also if it rains. Fuel consumption only improved past 4K. Brakes sound and 115bhp surprisingly good, Great on the road overall and really like it a lot compared to what I have had before and long journeys are a doddle. Only wished it had heated seats and I should have got LED lights.

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
Looks great! Noticed you have lost wheel nut cover on locking nut, these are not a good fit and very loose. We have lost three in last month on my wife Arona. Think you might want to get some spares from dealer and stick on bit tighter. Think it's the cold weather

Thank you, it arrived with one missing on each front wheel, so I think I'll ask the dealer for some more and to tighten them!

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018

Thanks for this, we are past the 500 mile mark now. I'm a pretty gentle driver anyway and do about 190 miles a week with 1 2 hour journey each way to work--mixture of motorway and an A road. We're averaging 41mpg on the 'long term' clock at the moment but get about 48mpg on my long journey City driving inbetween brings it down.

I love the car though. Sport mode is much more fun, eco mode is dull and I actually feel on the motorway it would be quite unsafe as you can't increase your speed quick enough, E. G. When pulling in to the fast lane or out the way of some idiot who hasn't checked their mirror before coming in to your lane!

Pepper28

Jun 18, 2018
Bear in mind the Mk6 is a bit heavier and has a bigger frontal area, so it may not quite reach these heights, especially before it's run in.
My 1.0 averaged under 40 mpg when brand new, going up to about 46 around 2000 miles. By 6000 miles the long term average was 51 mpg.

That's great, mine is already doing pretty well so it will be a bonus if it improves more!

BigO

Mar 5, 2018

I was looking at mine today, long term is about 30mpg? And since refueling was about 26ish. Somethings wrong? Got DSG 1L

Only city driving and a lot of start/stop traffic.On Motorways, I've hit 48mpg.

almost 6000 miles on the car :)

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
I was looking at mine today, long term is about 30mpg? And since refueling was about 26ish. Somethings wrong? Got DSG 1L

Only city driving and a lot of start/stop traffic.On Motorways, I've hit 48mpg.

almost 6000 miles on the car :)

My figures reflect A-roads driving like a priest or nun, not city driving. I reset my long term at about 2500 miles and then it showed a much better long term average.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.