IBIZA 2007 with 78000 miles - £6000. To buy or not to buy???

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
Hello. Found nice looking ibiza 2007 with 78000 on clock for £6000. from other side it has full audi service history.
Shell I go for it???

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
78k miles :confused: must have got ragged to pieces and possibly driven across the continent lol

i wouldn't personally...what engine size? 1.2, FR, CUPRA, TDi?

My mate's dad has a 1.9Tdi A3 and it's done 170'000mi with only needing a new ECU the whole time (water damage which is quite common apparently as VAG mount the ECU under the scuttle panel)

Suppose you'll need to then worry about suspension components etc, you may end up having to spend as much on it in the next year as it would to buy a lower milage one now?

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
My mate's dad has a 1.9Tdi A3 and it's done 170'000mi with only needing a new ECU the whole time (water damage which is quite common apparently as VAG mount the ECU under the scuttle panel)

Suppose you'll need to then worry about suspension components etc, you may end up having to spend as much on it in the next year as it would to buy a lower milage one now?

Its a good point mate!!! JUst not many nice Ibizas around atm:) thanks

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Go for it my man, i used to do 26k miles a year in my ibiza fr tdi, mine was remapped and was perfect, motorway miles are cruising miles generally, so components are not put under the same strain:)
Cracking car cracking engine, will last forever if looked after.
If i can give you any advice if your into tuning it's worth getting the handling done first, i had mine from new and after 18 months wrote her off:(.
Diesels only loosen up after 60k anyways:)

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Moving away from things wearing out what about the milage you will be putting on it.

If your only going to do a few thousand miles a year then the milage will balance out after some years and may be worth the risk but if you put a lot on yourself then the resale value will plummet. :(

Jul 12, 2009
London
www.flickr.com
It is alot of miles for the age of the car, however not a lot of miles for the engine (if that makes sense?)

Mine has just done 87,000 coving 18,000 in 6 months, no issues what so ever, has been a great car! I plan on running mine till at least 160,000+ or until something silly needs replacing!

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
as mentioned above...the engine still has a long way to go, and all depends how many miles you're gonna be getting out of it as if this is high then resale value will be dismal

Markie68

Cars = ££
Jan 15, 2008
Tamworth
for the amount of miles is it not abit on the steep side pricewise?

I think there is probably better out there if you look

There might be a few in the for sale section ;)

I suppose it depends how much you want it if it has that many miles on

Deleted member 13581

Quite the salesman Markie. :lol:

I think its a bit expensive for the mileage, but if your wanting it, make sure you get some money off it.

Have you seen the service book to see if there has been anything major repaired on it?

Take it for a test drive and see what you think. Listen for any noises, creaks, rattles that you would class as not normal.

Jimski

Back to the fold!
Nov 3, 2007
Staffs
Iv just paid 6610 for mine, 55k miles, FSH, 56 plate FR TDi.

Horses for courses/swings and roundabouts. But have a look around.

Jimski

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
for the amount of miles is it not abit on the steep side pricewise?

I think there is probably better out there if you look

There might be a few in the for sale section ;)

I suppose it depends how much you want it if it has that many miles on

im with you mate. bit pricey for the milage

lukester85

i paid 7000 for my 1.8 fr, you can get a much better deal if you look about. i found mine on ebay - didnt buy it thru them tho... a lot of garages have shops on ebay, search for the car, and look thru the listing, then contact the garage as a new customer by phone.
i just found this one...
cgi.ebay.co.uk/Seat-Ibiza-1-8-20V-FR-T-150_W0QQitemZ180441352066QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item2a03248782

i know its yellow but 31000 miles, £6k

they are out there....

May 22, 2009
South Wales
mine had 78k on it 8 months ago on an 06 plate fr tdi, so sort of similar to the one your hoping to buy! i have had no problems with mine, except the turbo blew! but that is prob the stg 1 remap to b honest!

have dont another 12k since i have had it and no probs wat so ever! running hybrid turbo now and no probs!

i wouldnt worry about the milage!

denispearl

Jan 28, 2010
ok. I see. No problems with the milage but thethe value will be halfed next year. Isnt it?