Ibiza 6L 1.8t gearbox/clutch noise

Lotheru

Nov 16, 2018
Hi guys,

I've got a weird noise when the clutch is engaged (pedal up) only on neutral. It sounds like a bearing is going bad with a quiet knocking. I will try to record the sound asap. The noise is gone when i disconnect the clutch (pedal all the way down). It does not sound terrible it just does my headache lol I've spoke to mechanic and when the car was on the ramp and the engine was running the mechanic listened to the gearbox while I was engaging and disengaging the clutch and said it is the springs on the clutch plate. Wherever I read it keeps saying the input shaft bearing is going bad. It wouldn't be nice as apparently my engine code BJX has got 02R gearbox which is pretty rare. There are also few clunks usually around 3 when i turn the car off that might help a bit. There isn't a single problem when engaging the gears as they go in with ease and no grinds or weird noises. Rarely when having the clutch disengaged and putting in 1st gear or reverse it will move a car slightly like it was an automatic. Car is now on 93k miles and have it for over a year, don't really know if the noise was there when I bought the car. The car is standard (150hp) apart from exhaust, cone filter and DV. Could someone lead me in the right direction of what could it possibly be, i know it's hard through internet but maybe someone had something similar. Thinking about remapping the car but don't wanna do nothing if the gearbox ain't healthy.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.