ibiza Boot Light

capt.slow

I have just had my mark 4 Ibiza in to the stealers for its 20,000 mile service(£198)!!!!!.The 56 reg courtesy car had a boot light!It appears that all of the later Ibizas do not have a boot light like mine and it is a complete pain in the a***e.
The light was fitted to the left hand side panel just above the vent and I found that the switch is in the hatch lock in the hatch lid.
It would be possible to buy the light and the lock but I suspect that the wiring may not be there and might require wiring in.
Any thoughts?

simon34

smoooooooth
May 2, 2006
northampton
Would have thought the wiring is probably there as some of the models had the boot light should be easy enough to check by removing the trim panel and having a look for any spare wiring that is cliped up

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Yeah the MK4s built to 2004 had boot lights in them.

As Simon said (lol), check if the wirings already there. If not, its easy to make a loom up!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
you will have to cut a hole in boot trim doubt wiring is there but will be easy to make something up

Oct 31, 2006
Lichfield, Staffs
The light in the boot is pretty bright too!!

I just miss somewhere to secure my box in the boot - the Pug had hooks so I had bungee straps to hold it in place as I don't like things being flung about the boot. The Ibiza has nothing :(

keefy

Dec 4, 2006
I drove an 06 pre-registered Ibiza and that had a boot light.

Mine's an 03 and doesn't have a boot light. I do find that amazing penny pinching considering the rest of the spec is so high! Shan't lose sleep over it though.

You could always get one of those battery powered flat lanterns to stick on the bottom of the parcel shelf. Give it a bash to turn it on. I will try and find a link...........something like this......I might get one of these!!

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=L35AF&C=SEO&U=Strat10&doy=search

Ol' Timer

Jun 20, 2004
Norfolk
You could always get one of those battery powered flat lanterns to stick on the bottom of the parcel shelf. Give it a bash to turn it on. I will try and find a link...........something like this......I might get one of these!!

Yes, I've had one of those fitted for a couple of years now and it works brilliantly. It won't impress your mates but it does the job and costs peanuts. I fitted mine by using self adhesive velcro pads (the hooked side) which cling onto the carpet in the recess on the left hand side of the boot.

I just have to replace the batteries once or twice a year and the real bonus is that you don't risk upsetting the wiring for the lights or alarm.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
or like me, just velcro a led keyring torch inside your boot,

you can rip it off of the velcro and point it into all the nooks and cranny's of your boot

batterys last years

cost £2

useful for looking about outside at night as you can hold it in your hand too

bargain!

loonymoon

I drove an 06 pre-registered Ibiza and that had a boot light.

Mine's an 03 and doesn't have a boot light. I do find that amazing penny pinching considering the rest of the spec is so high! Shan't lose sleep over it though.

Exactly what I did. £2.99 Push light from halfords and hook side of velcro pads.Works a treat.

BTW mine is a 2004 (Dec) and doesn't have boot or glovebox lights. Drives me mad when they have a "courtesy" interior light that comes on when you take the key out of the ignition etc *I LIKE THAT* :)

gazjones

my 03 1.2 had both i think but nothing on my fr! boot light is anoying really not having it in the dark . does the interior light light up when you open the boot if so you could buy the light from seat and run the wire to it from the interior light under the headlining and down one c piller

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members