Ibiza/Cordoba 2005 restyling?????

Mr.Bean

Jan 21, 2005
Seat Service
I hear some rumors about restyling Ibiza/Cordoba from May or June this year(My 06).
Does anybody hear same rumors and if its try does anybody seen pictures?

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
No Face lifts due to at least end of year, no need to yet as it's still a very fresh design.

tigor

Feb 10, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
And if the Ibiza has won What Car awards three years running, why change a winning recipe? It's obviously selling well as well.

The Cordoba on the other hand I believe is a looking a little on the dated side. Maybe a few tweaks to bring it up in line with the others?

Son

Mar 18, 2003
Finland
rmk.hamk.fi
tigor said:
The Cordoba on the other hand I believe is a looking a little on the dated side. Maybe a few tweaks to bring it up in line with the others?
What's dated about it? The fact that it's a saloon? I think the rear looks as good as a saloon rear of that class can look!
Cordoba_08.JPG

Grapo

Jul 28, 2004
London
tigor said:
And if the Ibiza has won What Car awards three years running, why change a winning recipe? It's obviously selling well as well.

Just because its car of the year doesnt mean its selling well. Hardly see any around here. Still loads more Corsas, Fiestas, 206's, Puntos etc etc

tigor

Feb 10, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
Don't get me wrong, I think the Cordoba is a good looking car. Just believe it could do with a little rear tweaking. Some rounding off that many modern cars now have. Just my two cents.

tigor

Feb 10, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
Grapo said:
Just because its car of the year doesnt mean its selling well. Hardly see any around here. Still loads more Corsas, Fiestas, 206's, Puntos etc etc

That's true. I thought about that after I posted my comment. When I was making up my mind whether to buy an Ibiza or a Polo I kept my eyes peeled for them on the road. Realised they weren't around every corner like Corsas, Fiestas etc.

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I prefer that you don't see too many of them. There isn't another Ibiza in my works' car park and I like that. I used to have a Clio, but there are at least 8 in the carpark now, including 3 identical black ones...... :thumbd:

qifop

DuH!
Jul 6, 2004
Worcestershire
I agree its nice having something slightly different.

Yea its a Polo underneath but for the cash I spent I doubt a Polo of the same year would have had aircon, let alone climate control, ABS, TCS, disk brakes all round, metallic paint, trip computer, electrics not forgetting the lovely leather steering wheel and handbrake!

Down side, some mates insist I have fitted the almost "lexus" looking rear clusters and wont believe they are standard fit!

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
qifop said:
Down side, some mates insist I have fitted the almost "lexus" looking rear clusters and wont believe they are standard fit!

thinking exactly the same sat behind a beeza tdi at the roundabout this afternoon

all i can say is "vario" ??? used to be a damn handy with the mk2 shape especially the yellow tdi we head - beat the 206sw hands down for style

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
I wouldnt be suprised actually. I was going to do a sketch, but ran out of time. TBH if they do an update to fall in line with the "AlToLeon" look, then it wouldnt take much at the front, possible move the bonnet,wing shutline in, new lights and a larger SEAT grille with hump on bonnet, all cheap stuff. Rear probably doesnt need doing.

Dont forget, SEAT did facelift the Arosa and they never made any money on those, so you never know.

hibitdat

Leon FR TDI 150 Plat Grey
Sep 30, 2004
Dorset
Methinks the Cordoba is one of the best looking, understated and classless cars on the roads today. Shame they are so rare!

Son

Mar 18, 2003
Finland
rmk.hamk.fi
Actually the front bumper air intakes look like the ones in Altea FR. So I believe that's the new FR.

Edit: But wait a minute, it's got hidden exhaust tips, so it's probably not an FR after all. Either way, it's not the Cupra or anything else we've seen before, those are new bumpers.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members