Ibiza Cupra 1.8T - Plans Hybrid

cuprasev

Hi all,

I have recently bought the MK4 Ibiza 1.8T Cupra 180 bhp, and now I want to start modifying it. My aim is to achieve 250-260bhp. I lack knowledge on this topic, so feel free to share your opinions on the subject.

To achieve 250 hp, I feel the best option would be to get the standard Cupra k03s Turbo Hybrid’d with a K04. I Believe the benefits of this is that it’s a straight swap with the standard turbo, unlike doing a costly k04 upgrade, due to changing the downpipe and manifold.

I Appreciate I would see a lot more performance if I combined the Hybrid turbo upgrade with other modifications such as, 3” downpipe, High flow Manifold, Bigger Intercooler etc. But I want to modify it in parts at a time, as I can’t afford to carry out the work all in one job lot.

I feel to start with the following modifications would be most benefitial, and are most crucial
Hybrid K03s Turbo
Intake system
LCR Fuel Pump
LCR 3” MAF HOUSING
TIP
Remap to suit

(very similar to the LCR K04 setup)

Any idea what sort of gains i would exspect from such mods?

Cheers

Sev

Jun 21, 2008
Wolverhampton
id look at exhaust first, collect parts for the hybrid setup that you've mentioned (LCR turbo intake pipe, 3" maf, injectors pump etc)and then bolt it all on and get it mapped.
A normal ibiza TIP and turbo back exhaust should see your car hitting around the 240bhp mark with a stage 2 remap.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Personaly I would get it upto stage 2 performance and see what you think of it..

Stage 2 would be: Full turbo back exhaust, Forge TIP, Forge DV and a high flow air filter. With a good stage 2 map you should see ~240bhp. Add a high flow manifold and a 'tweek' to the map and you could see as high as 250bhp :)

Lots of good tuning info in my thread (link in sig bellow) :D

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise