Ibiza Cupra 1.8TSI debate - Regular or super unleaded fuel?

Aug 29, 2019
Hey guys,

I picked up my Ibiza Cupra 1.8 a few days ago and I'm absolutely in love with it, huge upgrade from my 07' plate 1.2 Ibiza! Happy with my choice as well, I was close to getting a Leon 2.0tdi 184 but on the test drive it just didnt give the same feeling as the Ibiza Cupra did, plus I also personally love the looks of the Ibiza Cupra.

I was wondering if I could get some of your guys advice on weather or not to run the Cupra on super unleaded fuel versus standard fuel? And if so, what's the reasons for and against?

Mar 13, 2019
Ive just recently bought a cupra aswell, only owned it for about a month and a few days ago i filled up with tesco momentum and i must say, whether its just my brain playing tricks or not but it defiantly feels more responsive/punchy when being driven hard. So id give it a go, only downside is the cost!

Aug 29, 2019
Ive just recently bought a cupra aswell, only owned it for about a month and a few days ago i filled up with tesco momentum and i must say, whether its just my brain playing tricks or not but it defiantly feels more responsive/punchy when being driven hard. So id give it a go, only downside is the cost!

I think when I next fill up I'll put some BP Ultimate in it and see if I notice anything different. And haha, that's too true! Worth it though if it keeps the engine sweet for a bit longer.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.