Ibiza Cupra/Cupra R Drivers - question

PaulD

Jan 12, 2006
Teesside, North East
There's quite a few people selling their Cupras on here at the moment which made me think of the question - what do people tend buy as their next car once they have got rid of the Cupra?

I'd just be interested to know what people swap for and for what reasons..

PaulD

Jan 12, 2006
Teesside, North East
Fez boy said:
I brought a Scooby after I sold my Ibiza Cupra R ;)

When that blew up :doh: I brought A Fiat Coupe & a GT4 :)

Now back in an Ibiza Tdi :clap:

Haha love the "when that blew up" :p

acidstrato said:
something jap for me, mainly P1 or Evo 6
but i see a different car every week which i say il get next
R34 GTR, 350Z, 207GTi, Astra VXR lol it goes on

Gotta say I quite like the VXR too.. definitely the best thing Vauxhall have produced for years...

AlphaMale

Apr 28, 2005
Cardiff
I had a Revo'd LCR and sold it before it took a nailing in depreciation plus I needed the money for my webdesign and printing business as well as clear my debts.

Got myself an Ibiza Cupra as I still wanted a VAG 1.8T car and fancied the better handling of the smaller car with the possibility of upgrading the turbo and getting a remap to 240+bhp to matach the performance I've missed from the Revo'd LCR (260/270bhp).

Now it's got to the point where I am adding things up in my head and with the £6.5k car + KO3s + exhaust + DP + remap + FMIC + Dynatwist It'll cost me more like £8.5k add the coilovers / brake upgrade / Alloys I am looking at a car that owes me £9.5/£10k!!! :whistle:

When the time comes to sell my 240bhp beast it'll probably be worth no more than £6.5k next year with 65k on the clock. So my common sense tells me to get rid of the car and mods I have purchased and either buy another Leon Cupra R or something else with good performance for less than £10k

At the moment I am thinking:

Elise
Leon Cupra R (Again ... Ruddmeister's looks nice)
S3
Ibiza 130 Sport
or ... mk3 Golf TD and pocket the rest for an awesome TVR / Evo TME[B)]

Keep in mind I ride a bike (yamaha R6) for about 6/7k per year and my car for less than 8k per year.

Hope this doesn't confuse you too much

Alpha

PaulD

Jan 12, 2006
Teesside, North East
Some interesting posts here, particularly from AlphaMale.. I guess the LCR's just more refined and you don't have to rag it as much to get it to move.. and it's probably better screwed together :)

It's just a shame the insurance is so insane as I just couldn't settle for the Leon Cupra.. it'd have to be the R!!

Stevo1

May 21, 2004
St Ives, Cambs
Im going to be changing for a 350Z in 4 or 5 weeks time. Now is the time I want a fun car, which means getting rid of front wheel drive and welcomming that 3.5 litre V6 into my drive! You're only young once after all :)

PaulD

Jan 12, 2006
Teesside, North East
Someone must pay you too much money :) What colour do you fancy?

Just looking at your sig - isn't 14.6s a bit slow for the power/torque your car has? That's not a criticism in any way, I've just seen a lot of 106 GTI's that've got mid to low 15's and also into the 14's with minimal modifications and I would've thought the Cupra would **** on the 106!

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
I've still got my Ibiza20vt and my Cordy 16v, but I've an Evo VI TME as well. Bit of a funny one as my Ibiza was never really a run of the mill road car... did run it as my road car for a long while though. Will be replacing the Ibiza with another track focused car come the summer though!

Stevo1

May 21, 2004
St Ives, Cambs
PaulD said:
Someone must pay you too much money :) What colour do you fancy?

Just looking at your sig - isn't 14.6s a bit slow for the power/torque your car has? That's not a criticism in any way, I've just seen a lot of 106 GTI's that've got mid to low 15's and also into the 14's with minimal modifications and I would've thought the Cupra would **** on the 106!
It all comes down to the fact that Ibizas are a pig to launch. A tad too much power and you dissapear in smoke, too little and you bog down and look like a d1ck! That coupled with the fact it is 200kg's heavier than a 106 = hard to get off the line. 14.6 is one of the quickest times for just a remapped Ibiza, i think there are only 2 faster on here. Once rolling my cupra absolutely nails 106 gti's, it has been proven many a time. 1/4 miles just don't show a cars full potential. A race from 20-120mph would see a 106 look rediculous.
Oh, and by the way, I wish I was getting paid that much..........im just figuring out how to pay for the Z ;)

Stevo1

May 21, 2004
St Ives, Cambs
Yeah I do like those myself, will be an arse to keep clean though! I also wouldn't mind the gunmetal grey or the blue. We will see!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise