Ibiza Cupra Headlight Bulb Upgrade??

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Just bought some (Xenon - I think thats right) headlight bulbs for Cupra. :)

Had a quick look under the bonnet, doesn't seem like a two minute job. :(

Any suggestions? :confused:

Mike
:cheers:

PS Anyone with a 2nd hand Haynes manual going for a 2001 Ibiza Cupra?

BMcN

Mr. Car Carer
There is no Haynes for our car.

Its more like a 3 min job mate.

On the back of the headlights there is a plastic cover, there is two metal things over this to hold it on. Pull these to the side and the whole plastic cover comes off. You will now see all the wires, simply pull the connector off the back of the headlight and there will be another springy metal clip holding the bulb in. Undo that and put the new bulb back in.

phat.sam

Banana Man
Apr 20, 2004
Chelmsford
I can't seem to find that particular type of bulb (silverstar) As I know nothing about bulbs, which type do i need (H4, H3, H7)

CupraLee K1

298bhp @ JKM
Oct 26, 2004
Fareham, Hampshire
phat.sam said:
I can't seem to find that particular type of bulb (silverstar) As I know nothing about bulbs, which type do i need (H4, H3, H7)

If i remember correctly its H7! :)

Drop down menu on the left.. click on it and scroll down to Osram Products - H7.. select that. The Silver Star bulbs then appear at the top! :)

Molehill_Mike

Rollin' on 20s
Jan 3, 2005
Bedfordshire
Mine are Xenon 50% brighter and cost £19.99 Asked the guy behind counter, he got em for me after looking them up in a book! Will check size and post on here when I get home.

Guys, thought I'd tag onto this thread rather than starting a new one.

Looking to upgrade my bulbs in a Mk2 1997 Ibiza Cupra. Bought some from the shop and he gave me H4 after looking up in the book, but went to fit and not the right ones. Went back and changed them and have me H7, went to fit today and not the right ones. Looks like H1 in the car, but I now have the bulb I was taking out dead so driving with one headlight, cant see why its gone as didnt touch the glass or anything.

Cann anyone confirm that I should use H1, as my hanes says H4!!!!

All very confusing...

STi

Cupras have twin headlamps right? Then according to ETKA you should be fine with H1. Otherwise H4.

Last edited by a moderator:

flashbsd

ditto, have the same bulbs, make a hell of a difference, especially when foggy

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
Mike_IbizaCupra said:
Mine are Xenon 50% brighter and cost £19.99 Asked the guy behind counter, he got em for me after looking them up in a book! Will check size and post on here when I get home.
are the bulbs for a xenon light or are they just xenon look? if there for a xenon lamp then dont put them inn, xenon bulbs work off gas and get much hotter than standard bulbs so you will end up melting your headlight if you fit them. i rang hella about fitting xenon's to my mk3 cupra thats why i know. all xenon lights have glass lenses and mk3 ibizas have plastic lenses

cupra44

Dec 10, 2005
yeah 20quid does seem cheap i thought the bulbs were much more than that. nothing to do with xenon is cheap, they awsome lights my girlfriend has them on her lupo gti

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Fitted my 8000k HID Xenon lights last night. Took just over 30mins to fit - They are awesome for looks and performance. Cost me £120.

I'll take a couple of pics later

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise