Ibiza Cupra mk3 Race Car - SMRC Sports & Saloons

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Competed in my first SMRC Sports and Saloons races at Knockhill the other weekend.

Qualified 11th on a damp/slippery in parts track, finished the first race in 12th and managed to finish 8th in the second race.:1st:

No major damage other than to the wallet :whistle:

Amazing experience. Can't wait until the next one :D

Here are a few sweet pics from some from Craig McAllister Images and Eddie Kelly Motorsport Photography.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Glad to hear you did well and has such a good time! Car looks awesome aswel! Do you have a thread here for the car? Or a spec list?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Cheers Rae. :) Coming into Duffus in the middle of the pack for the first time was probably the scariest and most exciting thing I've done :)

I did years ago but canned it. No spec list either I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Haha must be a great buzz though. Im looking at doing a few track days with mine but nothing towards a competition level like yourself.
Damn haha, looks like a bit of a machine anyway. Did you build it all yourself?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
The Leon is immense through the corners. I'll have some more grunt for next season so that might even things up a bit. The ko3s is going well for now :)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
What're the performance constraints?

Boost or just a nice capacity multiplier for a Turbocharged engine?

I remember driving the supercopa years back, hilarious first encounter with aero and slicks - it might even have been that one as there was only one 'uk' yellow one

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Unlimited power, no wmi and road legal tyres for B1.

There are two yellow ones up here both left hookers. One competes in SLS and other in Sports and Saloons.

GTi T

May 8, 2005
North West
That will be a nice set up once running! At least another 100hp on tap?

Keep this thread updated, be good to see your progress against those other cars

Best of luck

Tom

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Great to see this Barry :D Good to hear you had a brilliant time and kept it shiny side up and the same shape you started out with :)

When you next out?

Pete.

May 1, 2010
Aberdeen
awesome!!
I can image what you felt heading down duffus in the middle of a pack its bad enough on a track day.

iv been looking into entering some races next year and trying to figure out what exactly I need to do to get the car ready.
Do you no dmc performance well? I'll be looking for somewhere to help get my car ready.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise