Ibiza Cupra mk3 Race Car - SMRC Sports & Saloons

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
awesome!!
I can image what you felt heading down duffus in the middle of a pack its bad enough on a track day.

iv been looking into entering some races next year and trying to figure out what exactly I need to do to get the car ready.
Do you no dmc performance well? I'll be looking for somewhere to help get my car ready.

Yip, still buzzing :happy:

Cage
Seat (doesn't have to be in date)
Harnesses (These have to in date)
Electrical cut off switch, internal and external activation
Fire Extinguisher with internal and external activation
Battery terminals clearly marked and covered.
Working lights, the Ibizas don't have to run a rain light due to our twin rear fogs so I've been told. They never pulled me up for not having one....[B)]

Helmet not a bike one
HANS, not essential but I'd strongly recommend one.
Suit
Gloves
Boots
I also got a nomex balaclava and long sleeved top. Some folks wear the whole shooting match of fire resistant under garments.

Yeah I've been friends with them for years. It's them that have bought the other rolling road in Aberdeenshire!

Pete.

May 1, 2010
Aberdeen
Yip, still buzzing :happy:

Cage
Seat (doesn't have to be in date)
Harnesses (These have to in date)
Electrical cut off switch, internal and external activation
Fire Extinguisher with internal and external activation
Battery terminals clearly marked and covered.
Working lights, the Ibizas don't have to run a rain light due to our twin rear fogs so I've been told. They never pulled me up for not having one....[B)]

Helmet not a bike one
HANS, not essential but I'd strongly recommend one.
Suit
Gloves
Boots
I also got a nomex balaclava and long sleeved top. Some folks wear the whole shooting match of fire resistant under garments.

Yeah I've been friends with them for years. It's them that have bought the other rolling road in Aberdeenshire!

All that doesn't sound to bad, will keep me busy over winter.
Any chance I could come have a look at your car sometime?

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
All that doesn't sound to bad, will keep me busy over winter.
Any chance I could come have a look at your car sometime?

Yip a few days work there, have you got any of the list done yet? The cost of the safety gear fairly adds up, I'm lucky the missus is into cars and likes the racing :happy:

Yeah no worries :)

The latest part of the jigsaw to arrive from INA Engineering :D Injector Dynamics ID1000's

Last edited:

Grant26

Jan 12, 2014
Great to see a mk3 on the track!! Seen this up at knockhill this year and loved it nice car!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R4cup

Beef NO Burger
Jul 28, 2006
In the garage
some tasty cars on track there baz, love the shot of you behind the Porsche because it looks like he wasent going anywhere lol

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
That Cayman pic was race 1 and i bottled it a few times coming into Clarks and stayed behind him, had the measure of it round the back of the track but was losing out on the main straight in 4th. Race 2 i went for it and beat it :) I shouldn't have any issues with straight line speed next season!

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Looks so well suited out on track, and looks like you had plenty competition too. Well done on achieving the two goals aswell ;)

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
Here are a few of the bits and bobs I've got line up for the winter overhaul.:happy:

Helix Clutch from AKS

SEM, bearings and Stroker pistons from INA

Supertech Valve kit

Large port head, Completely overhauled with new everything, port and polish and VVT added by ALD

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Nice wee collection of bits there too. All the mapping getting done by... (I cant remember their name) your mates out stonehaven way?

Sep 15, 2012
Aberdeen
Dmc performance... Just looked it up haha
No idea why i thought they were stonehaven, their website says inverurie haha

Last edited:

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
You were right ;) they were in Netherley and they've just moved out to new premises in Inverurie complete with DynoDynamics rolling road.

Looks like I'm going to go with a Life Racing ECU and Gareth will be doing the mapping.:D

cuprabaz

Racing 2020VT
Jun 22, 2004
Aberdeenshire
It'll be a bloody handful I think :)

Due to work commitments it looks like I might only make three of the seven home rounds at Knockhill and I'm also going to miss the away rounds Croft. :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.