Ibiza cupra pd160

Mar 23, 2019
Eyup all. Just some looking for some advice really

Got an ibiza cupra, the 1.9 tdi, previous owner changed from cupra springs too fr springs (said the ride was too hard for day to day use)
I want to change them back, or find something similar, any ideas on which ones are best, or best value for money etc?
Thank you!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Might be better posting in the correct Ibiza MKx forum for some experienced answers. Or maybe ask in the DPM performance section. I've just moved from Eibach lowering springs to coilovers on my Cupra trying to get that extra comfort. But alas, trouble is, anything that lowers the car will inevitably make the ride harsher. Also, what size wheels does it have? I'm on 19" and they are much harsher than the 18"s I had on my FR.

James St Patrick

Jan 2, 2019
West Midlands
If you have the 6L Cupra PD160 as do I, then I've gone for Vogtland springs, they lower it by 30 - 35mm and I'm all poly bushed to the teeth..... you say harsh...... try damn near teeth smashing. This car rides so hard it might as well have solid bars in place of the suspention and no tires on the rims, that's how harsh this thing is. I think a pole and no tires would make it more comfy in all honesty. But these cars ain't for comfort, they're made for cornering.