Ibiza cupra Vs bmw 325

azmi22

hi ; who will in u think ...ibiza cupra 07 with upsolute chip and 2.75" downpipe and intake hose silicon and bov by forge and coilover ... Vs

bmw1985 325 manual gear with supercharger....

???
from 0-60 and to top speed

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
bov by forge????

Surely a Split R if anything?? (Makes no difference to performance anyway)

Whats the 325 pushing (BHP wise?) ???

I'd go for the BMW if the Supercharger is any good.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
all depends on the power the bmw supercharged is pushing out but i recon the beezer offthe line and first 2-3 gears then the weight ratio goes out the window and the bmw will pass the cupra eventually

if you can go supercharged on a bmw why can you go ihi on the beezer then you would eat the bmw for dinner ;) TRUST ME

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
all depends on the power the bmw supercharged is pushing out but i recon the beezer offthe line and first 2-3 gears then the weight ratio goes out the window and the bmw will pass the cupra eventually

if you can go supercharged on a bmw why can you go ihi on the beezer then you would eat the bmw for dinner ;) TRUST ME

FWD Vs RWD off the line???

Sorry the BMW would beat it off the line to 30 almost all day, IHI or not mate.

Poverty

those old BMW weigh about the same as a cupra, but then the engine wasnt up to much compared to current standards. I would say its close. I would reckon the beemer is pushing out around 200-220hp

As for off the line I would say it depends on what tires both cars are wearing. If the beemer is still on the original rims chances are the tires wont be up to much either.

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
my sport had no chance at all against my mates M3... (but it does have 280 bhp standard )left me behind till he got to 145 then slowed down.... he passed me really quick and i was not going slow lol

Last edited:

CUP-RACING

Feb 13, 2007
its rediculous even comparing when we dont have all the stats, the bmw could have 400bhp for all we know. my guess though is the bmw will win

Poverty

BM with a super-charger plus rear wheel drive can put down all its power more while the seat is smoking its tyres trying to get traction

I wouldnt quite say that would be 100% the case. Back in the day RWD cars with 250hp would spin their tyres at hard launches.

I cant see this BMW having anywhere near 300hp as that would require major funds. As I said earlier going by the average supercharger with the average mans wallet I would put the car at around 220hp.

Really the discussion is pointless without more details

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
I wouldnt quite say that would be 100% the case. Back in the day RWD cars with 250hp would spin their tyres at hard launches.

I cant see this BMW having anywhere near 300hp as that would require major funds. As I said earlier going by the average supercharger with the average mans wallet I would put the car at around 220hp.

Really the discussion is pointless without more details

You dont even know what supercharger he is running? If he's a mechanic or anything like that. If you did it all yourself, im sure it could be fairly cheap. What research have you done on 325's and Superchargers??

Sounds like your picking a number from mid air.
a Similar powered FWD will never touch a similar powered RWD off the line.

HarveyGTI

Is it too hard to construct the question in a sentence which makes sense or would meet an English grammar teachers standard?

HarveyGTI

ENGLISH GRAMMAR TEACHER EH ? ppfftt

goes a looks at previous posts for spelling/grammar mistakes...............

odd spelling mistake is ok, but I mean come on look at the way the first post was constructed:rolleyes:

anyway all of this is hear say, the charger could be running well over 300

and even if it was only just running say 220bhp, it would be able to put the power down alot better

as for the longevity of the BMW however, thats a different matter

Poverty

You dont even know what supercharger he is running? If he's a mechanic or anything like that. If you did it all yourself, im sure it could be fairly cheap. What research have you done on 325's and Superchargers??

Sounds like your picking a number from mid air.
a Similar powered FWD will never touch a similar powered RWD off the line.

Im just going by the average supercharged 325 beemer. The 1985 3 series is a seriously old bit of kit. Yes for all we know it could be running 3-400bhp but that would take serious money and I doubt in this case it would be so.

Look at the 0-62 of the FWD DC5 integra, below 6 secs, thats supercar figures from the yester year and more than capable of showing up alot of RWD cars.

DIFT

Torquing all the Torque
Oct 8, 2004
Kent/London
Im just going by the average supercharged 325 beemer. The 1985 3 series is a seriously old bit of kit. Yes for all we know it could be running 3-400bhp but that would take serious money and I doubt in this case it would be so.

Look at the 0-62 of the FWD DC5 integra, below 6 secs, thats supercar figures from the yester year and more than capable of showing up alot of RWD cars.

How many supercharged 325's do you know of??? I wouldnt of thought it was a popular conversion. I can only find stuff from America,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Small Superchargers will produce very good horsepower numbers, and in almost all 3 series BMW applications you will see an additional 100 horsepower, and usually another 40-50 ft/lbs of torque."

http://www.koperformance.com/the_ho...w/bmw_superchargers_and_turbochargers_101.htm

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.