Ibiza Discs

mammoth

Hi Everyone, Has anyone had problems with Brake discs scoring badly prematurely (under 10,000miles) on an Ibiza FR

AlexFR

Hello mate, I've got an Fr just coming up to 9k miles and i have noticed the discs are not overly shiny and smooth as the should be. At first I put it down to the fact it had been sitting around at the dealership so they had rusted up badly but they dont seem to have completely shined and smoothed up!

mammoth

Hi Alexfr, thanks for the comment, Glad to know I'm not the only one. Keep an eye on them for a month or so and if they don't improve get down to your dealer and make a warranty claim.
Did that with mine.
Just heard back from dealer they are going to replace them under warranty.
Mammoth.

AlexFR

Thats good news! I will definitely do that if they dont get better. How are you finding your FR ? Any other issues?

mammoth

Hi Alexfr, I've had the FR 2.0l TDI for 12months now and other than the discs it's been a great car. Much better mileage to gallon than I expected, coz I never believe manufacturers figures. Really good to drive and comfortable.
How's your been?
Mammoth

AlexFR

Yeah its's been good mate, I have the FR petrol and it's just coming up to 9k still running sweet as a nut. Had a crack in one of the intake pipes which is being sorted tomorrow but it was only on the join so doesnt actually effect the air flow luckily! Just praying I dont get these piston and oil problems everyone seems to talk about!

mammoth

Hi Alex, I've a couple of mates with the petrol version, they haven't had any problems with the engine yet although one had a few problems with the DSG box. All sorted under warranty no problem.
Better go and earn a crust. See you around.
Mammoth