Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Ibiza Electronic Rear Windows

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk6 (2017-present)' started by Woksin, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

So as we all know the new ibiza UK specification doesn’t have rear electric windows. Does anyone have any way go mod it so they do? Surely the EU parts would be the same as left hand driving wouldn’t effect the differences in the back.
    Thinking of possibilities to fix seat’s most disastrous mistake

2. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

#2 camelspyyder, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  3. Scrogg

Scrogg Living life only a short bus ride from the edge...

If not having rear electric windows in two out of three versions of their small car is the most disastrous mistake SEAT will ever make then they have nothing to worry about :thumbup:

4. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

1. Nobody uses rear elecs. The AC doesn't work with windows open.
    2. When the kids are in the back of the Ibiza, Mummy locks the rear elecs anyway.

#4 camelspyyder, Jan 4, 2018
  5. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

The excellence has rear electric windows? This is bery typical of seat,
    Extremely poor communication.
    How can my 1.5 spec which is the most expensive not have electric windows in the back. It’s such a backward thing for a car company nowadays.
    If it wasn’t for the appearance of Seat’s cars I’d never get these cars, crazy.

6. Scrogg

It's in the brochure and on the website. How else should they communcate it?

Your 1.5 is only the most expensive engine. The version (SE/FR/XCELLENCE) determines the specification, not the engine, and the most expensive version (XCELLENCE) has electric rear windows.

IrnBru likes this.
  7. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

It wasn’t originally. And pretty sure the 1.5 with the same options that the Xcellence comes with is more expensive.

Either way, we can both agree, wind up windows on a 21k car in 2018 is ridiculous. 18 myself with friends that are very into their cars, I know a lot of people that were completely put off even browsing the new ibiza when I said it got no electric back windows. I can only guess that VW didn’t want the Ibiza to be better than the polo. Sad really.

Also the communication wise, is very poor. Their facebook page has been showing photos of the FR trim with the 4 button controls for the windows. They also show heated seating. On the configuratior it shows it too, atleast when I ordered it did. It does state only front electric windows but they shouldn’t be sending mixed messages. My dealer also said the brouche was very conflicting.

#7 Woksin, Jan 4, 2018
  8. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

21k for an Ibiza is ridiculous full stop.

I know you all want the latest thing, but I had a new Ibiza and a new Toledo for 21k in total for both.

9. Scrogg

Yes it was. It was in the pre-sales brochure/price list published in May 2017, and everything else since.

They also show the steering wheel on the left.

Very few companies show UK specification cars in their marketing materials, as very few companies are based in the UK. There will always be differences between specifications in different markets (Spain get a 1.0 TSI 115 XCELLENCE, for example) which is why in every case it will say something along the lines of "Images for illustrative purposes only. Please note that some images may not reflect UK specification".

As always, caveat emptor applies.

You need a more intelligent dealer then!

10. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

Here is a link. These clearly show the FR trim in the steering wheel with 4 window buttons, also right hand drive. So please explain to me at which part of these photos ARENT misleading?

https://www.facebook.com/seatuk/posts/10155783748364253

11. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

I’m not after the latest thing. I’m 18, I work at Tesco doing a lot of hours a week whilst also studying Business at college. This is a motivator since I failed my A Levels so I need it to be enjoyable for me. I work really fecking hard for this car considering I’m laying it entirely bu myself.

12. Scrogg

That image is clearly a LHD car flipped to RHD. Granted it's a very good bit of CGI, but the giveaways (indicator/wiper stalks, start button, rear seatbelts) are there... Misleading? Possibly. Have SEAT at any point lied to you? No. Were you forced to place an order? No.

We could go back and forth like this all night, but it doesn't change the fact you made the decision to order a car that does not come with electric rear windows (just out of curiosity, WHY are they so important to you?) and nothing you do, say or "prove" is going to change that.

So, enjoy driving your 1.5 TSI EVO 150 (from the front seat) when you get it, and on the rare occassion that rear passengers want to wind the window down tell them there are far more important things to worry about in life than exerting that tiny bit of energy

#12 Scrogg, Jan 4, 2018
  13. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

I ordered it fully knowing the rear windows weren’t electric. I know I’m going to loveee the car, got lots of specs, literally so excited for it. Just thought wind up windows made it looks a bit cheap.

Can’t wait, got the styling kit too

14. Scrogg

So don't look in the back ;)

To answer your original question, it will be possible to add electric rear windows to your car once it arrives as the parts are all available for a UK-specification model, but it will be stupidly expensive and, in my opinion, not worth it.

15. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

I’ll see how I cope. Who knows maybe the constant reminder of two window buttoms will make me feel like im in a spotier 2 seater

16. Scrogg

Exactly :thumbup:

17. camelspyyder

camelspyyder 2 SEAT-er

Good for you. no-one ever bought me a car either.

My young son works at Tesco too but he takes every second year off to travel round the world instead of buying a car, or a house deposit.

Get GAP insurance.

18. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

I’m hoping to earn enough to also cover a house deposit. And yes I got GAP insurance :D

19. Scrogg

So ironically we had a customer order an FR on Saturday that wanted electric windows :lol:

20. Woksin

Woksin Active Member

What did you say aha?