Ibiza exhaust on cordoba....

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
It's not to bad I got confused on getting rid of the egr so Iv blocked all 3 pipes! Going to put some blacking plates on too! Iv got something to try that's similar to a Tunning box but it's not! And I have control of it bargain at £2 and I need to hunt for some injectors! Iv seen a Intercooler that replaces the standard one! So that's in the pipe line then I hope to change the turbo and get it remapped and will proberly be it! In between all that I'm replacing all the bushes front and rear!

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
Oh and I didn't think the exhaust would fit! But I thought they may have been a chance that it would have! I need a new flexi pipe but I think it's part of the cat? Which would be getting chopped straight off!

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
Oh and I didn't think the exhaust would fit! But I thought they may have been a chance that it would have! I need a new flexi pipe but I think it's part of the cat? Which would be getting chopped straight off!

The flexi pipe would probably be able to be fitted up yours with a bit of welding. I'm very interested in the intercooler replacement, the original is pittiful. As for the tuning box, I'm 2 wires away from either blowing up my engine or go up my engine. I'll let you know how it goes and you can let me know how yours goes.

Bushes front and rear should be a good job. Do the whole lot antiroll bars, drop link eyelets etc and don't do what I did. The kit had subframe bushes in it which I mistook for front subframe and threw them out. Turns out they were actually for the front engine beam cradle. Dooh.

Last edited:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
you doing the same thing im doing with 2 wires on the pump wiring? the stander coolers are ment to be good for 180bhp? there pretty thick though so that king of makes up for them been small! im going to get new wishbones, track rod ends drop links the lot really the bushes like the arb's and subframe ones im just going to replace!

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
I was told the standard one for the 110 bhp tdi leon would only really support 170bhp so I couldn't see ours supporting 180 bhp. Apparrently longer tubes give potentially better cooling. There is a replacement SMIC on ebay that is the same size as ours but a lot thicker. It might be worth a go. I'm currently getting a spray set up together at the minute to bring the temperatures down, I've really only got the temperature activated swithch at the moment. Do a bit of digging on autospeed.com and it gives a lot of advise and research to get a good set up.

Have a quick look at your other bushes to check that they haven't perished. You'll notice more benefit when all the bushes are matched, arb bushes can have a huge affect. Plus a kit with the whole lot may be only slightly more expensive than what your planning on doing at the minute.

The 2 wires on the fuel pump wiring harness sounds similar to what I'm going to do. Mine isn't the evry mod though, my resistances are much lower which wouldn't work. I gather that it's a bit crap anyway. I had the homemade tuning box on my leon which worked a treat. I haven't done it on the cordoba yet as I need to check my oil pump and pick up and get fresh oil in her and straighten out my intercooler fins and replace the v belt. Hopefully tomorrow.:D

Last edited:

rich.h44

Its a secret!!!!
Aug 31, 2007
hull
i think there the same cooler arnt they? the only thing with changing the pipes is getting one that will fit the boost sensor in! iv been thinking on a spray set up but idealy i want water/meth kit to get temps down, going to pop over to autospeed and have a read

yeah going to do the full lot! im starting at the rear as iv just noticed iv got a weeping damper so im ordering a set of them with top mount bush's and beam bushes

yeah im getting potentiometer to change the resistance and give it more power, your ment to turn it untill the engine shakes then back a tad,well thats what iv read anyway

Pimped up vario

Cordy Cruizer
Nov 20, 2009
Belfast N Ireland
i think there the same cooler arnt they? the only thing with changing the pipes is getting one that will fit the boost sensor in! iv been thinking on a spray set up but idealy i want water/meth kit to get temps down, going to pop over to autospeed and have a read

yeah going to do the full lot! im starting at the rear as iv just noticed iv got a weeping damper so im ordering a set of them with top mount bush's and beam bushes

yeah im getting potentiometer to change the resistance and give it more power, your ment to turn it untill the engine shakes then back a tad,well thats what iv read anyway

Do the water meth and a spray on the intercooler kit. Apparently the meth spray timing in important or it saps power instead of boosting it.

You will have to drop the front subframe to do the anti roll mounting bushes. It'll Handle real sweat.

That sounds about right. I should get my tuning box fitted this weekend along with the service, intercooler clean, pump check etc. I'll let you know how it goes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.