Ibiza FR 1.4 EcoTSI ordered

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Just ordered a new Ibiza FR 1.4(150ps) EcoTSI Technology - in Monsoon Grey. Delivery is end of March hopefully.

Had a test drive of the 1.4 in a Leon FR and it was strong in the Leon so can only be better in the Ibiza.

Anyone got the 1.4 EcoTSI?

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
In the Ibiza? How are you finding it - I'm coming back to petrol after quite a while with diesels and looking forward to having a petrol engine that has a decent amount of torque and impressive acceleration whilst managing decent fuel economy.

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
It was a replacement for my Ibiza FR 1.4 act black which was written off in May of last year. The new FR is slightly more grippy and feels planted in the corners, the acceleration is slightly better. You are now able to see when the car goes into 2 cylinder mode. and the fuel econ is pretty good too. Did you order fulllink?

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Yes the Technology model option comes with the fullink,media system plus and satnav - looking forward to using Carplay with my iPhone.

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Yes the Technology model option comes with the fullink,media system plus and satnav - looking forward to using Carplay with my iPhone.

Sweet ordered mine on the 22nd Jan as well same Engine Ibiza FR 1.4 ACT TSi 150 Tech 3dr Emotion Red with the same estimated date of 30th March :) any Idea how true the estimate date is as I've seen a few posts in the past of people waiting months for theirs to arrive :S

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Sweet ordered mine on the 22nd Jan as well same Engine Ibiza FR 1.4 ACT TSi 150 Tech 3dr Emotion Red with the same estimated date of 30th March :) any Idea how true the estimate date is as I've seen a few posts in the past of people waiting months for theirs to arrive :S

Yes - I heard some rumours that the 1.4 150 is severely delayed being so popular in the entire VW group range and some were saying August delivery :scary:

If my dealer comes back and says it is beyond April then I will have to cancel and look elsewhere but my heart is set on the little Ibiza now.

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Yes - I heard some rumours that the 1.4 150 is severely delayed being so popular in the entire VW group range and some were saying August delivery :scary:

If my dealer comes back and says it is beyond April then I will have to cancel and look elsewhere but my heart is set on the little Ibiza now.

I know it's a different engine but I ordered a 1.0 TSI DSG FR yesterday and have an estimated date of 20th February, just to throw that out there!

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
I know it's a different engine but I ordered a 1.0 TSI DSG FR yesterday and have an estimated date of 20th February, just to throw that out there!

Maybe there is hope then :) - the 1.0 is a cracking little engine but coming from a Merc diesel I needed something with a little more torque which the 1.4 has in spades.

alijay036

Oct 15, 2011
Hertfordshire
Mine was ordered in August 2015 and delivered in January. I have heard from my dealer that I was lucky as there is about a 3 month wait at the moment on new orders and it is rising.

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
As long as its around the end of March, I'm not too bothered but if its off into April and Beyond thats a bit of a pain :/

But 3 ish months would be March I'm hoping and the dealer said they want me to be in it before the end of March as they have big targets to hit and want me in it for then.

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
As long as its around the end of March, I'm not too bothered but if its off into April and Beyond thats a bit of a pain :/

But 3 ish months would be March I'm hoping and the dealer said they want me to be in it before the end of March as they have big targets to hit and want me in it for then.

We can but hope the slots are booked and no slippage occurs. My current lease car goes back on the 26th March so it's going to be tight - I can manage without for a couple of weeks in-between but any longer will cause issues.

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Similar boat mate mine being a diesel Leon it seems to be depreciating like a brick at the moment, apparently no depreciation off the emissions thing ... yeah right each dealer ford, vw, skoda, vauxhall all said it was lower due to emissions basically :/.

So the dealer agreed to the monthly payments and asked me to keep paying up till march and it will meet the depreciation level so payments on the new car are as agreed :) but if it goes past don't know if they will hold that side up but have said if they can't and it increases a fair bit per month then I wont go ahead.

Know its not the dealer its the factory side but hopefully *touch wood* all goes well :) keep me updated on yours mate let me know if you hear anything on yours :)

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK
Similar boat mate mine being a diesel Leon it seems to be depreciating like a brick at the moment, apparently no depreciation off the emissions thing ... yeah right each dealer ford, vw, skoda, vauxhall all said it was lower due to emissions basically :/.

So the dealer agreed to the monthly payments and asked me to keep paying up till march and it will meet the depreciation level so payments on the new car are as agreed :) but if it goes past don't know if they will hold that side up but have said if they can't and it increases a fair bit per month then I wont go ahead.

Know its not the dealer its the factory side but hopefully *touch wood* all goes well :) keep me updated on yours mate let me know if you hear anything on yours :)

Will do - hate this waiting bit!

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Just had confirmation that mine will be a week 9 factory build, which means week commencing 29th February 2016. I'm assuming this means I'll get it around middle March if there are no further delays? At least it will be on a '16' plate I guess!

vmark89

Mark Brown
Sep 10, 2012
Ellesmere Port, Cheshire
Just had confirmation that mine will be a week 9 factory build, which means week commencing 29th February 2016. I'm assuming this means I'll get it around middle March if there are no further delays? At least it will be on a '16' plate I guess!

Great news mate! :) I'd be bouncing around waiting for it to be built xD. How did you find out what week yours was going to be built? I've not heard off the dealer :/ when did you order yours?

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Great news mate! :) I'd be bouncing around waiting for it to be built xD. How did you find out what week yours was going to be built? I've not heard off the dealer :/ when did you order yours?

I just asked my dealer, I'm assuming they have all the info on their systems. They said they'd keep me updated with further build/transport progress along the way.

My order went in on 24th/25th Jan! Give your dealer a shout!

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK

That timeframe would fit with my current lease car going back - I'll contact my dealer later this week and see if i can obtain any dates. In the meantime I'll continue to wish my life away until late March!

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Quick question, does anyone know if FR's come with carpet mats? My 2013 had them, but that was a pre-reg...

Cheers

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.