Ibiza FR 1.4 EcoTSI ordered

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Don't get me started on a Spotify either. That does what it wants, whenever it wants to!

Whist I'm in this thread, are any of you 1.4 owners having trouble with your ventilation system?
Mine makes whooshing/rustling noises when my blowers are on. The noise comes through the vents. My old 1.2 2013 FR used to do this too, however only when the AC was on.
My new car seems to do this whether AC is on or not. It's very annoying. It's almost as if AC is on constantly whether the button says it is or not, as my fuel consumption gets hit markedly from just having warm heat on (No AC). Any ideas?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
My MPG is now improving. Found it relatively easy (didn't have to try *too* hard) to get an average of 50MPG this morning on the run to work (complete urban trip). Bearing in mind, this is only the third time I've filled up with fuel :)

Are you using the regular 95RON fuel on the 1.0 EcoTSI? Branded? (Eg...Esso, Shell, BP)?

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
Are you using the regular 95RON fuel on the 1.0 EcoTSI? Branded? (Eg...Esso, Shell, BP)?

Exclusively pretty much Shell 95 since I got it in March, apart from this current tank which is Sainsbury's 95RON

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
1.4 Ecotsi. The first tank(only) was 99octane Tesco - I didn't realise that 95 was OK. It was very economical - probably the best we've had considering the conditions. Anyone else had similar experience?

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Exclusively pretty much Shell 95 since I got it in March, apart from this current tank which is Sainsbury's 95RON

Thanks, I wonder what mine has...it's still on the first tank of petrol, either from dealer or from Barcelona! I might experiment a bit, sometimes Esso, BP, Shell regular (95), once in a while maybe try Esso Supreme / Vpower etc...dealer said avoid supermarket fuels, although I guess Momentum 99 is the supermaket exception? Otherday saw a Lamborgini filling up at Tesco, thinking what? owner can't afford to go to Shell etc?...filling up with Momentum 99.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
1.4 Ecotsi. The first tank(only) was 99octane Tesco - I didn't realise that 95 was OK. It was very economical - probably the best we've had considering the conditions. Anyone else had similar experience?

Please do tell us if you see/feel any noticible (or computer mpg) differences when going down from 99 to 95? Thanks! Although saying that your 1.4 does have more oomph than my 1.0.

On the subject on oomph! Anyone read in the news that the VW Up with the same 1.0 engine, when put on dyno actually ran 134bhp stock? I wonder what 1.4EcoTSi runs stock, close to 160ps? I'm kinda hoping that Seat were a tad lazy and didn't bother de-tuning this to 110ps, instead leaving it at the base 115ps the A3, Leon, Octavias have from their 1.0 TSI.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Thanks, I wonder what mine has...it's still on the first tank of petrol, either from dealer or from Barcelona! I might experiment a bit, sometimes Esso, BP, Shell regular (95), once in a while maybe try Esso Supreme / Vpower etc...dealer said avoid supermarket fuels, although I guess Momentum 99 is the supermaket exception? Otherday saw a Lamborgini filling up at Tesco, thinking what? owner can't afford to go to Shell etc?...filling up with Momentum 99.

Seeing the high compression ratio and not realising it would run on 95, the very first tank of petrol I put in my 1.4 was Momentum. After reading the fuel filler flap I've been using ordinary Tesco 95. Although it's hard to judge, I'm inclined to think it was more economical on on 99, despite the engine presumably being a little tight. I think I'll try the experiment again when I next have a long journey to make. That said economy on 95 is exceptional.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Seeing the high compression ratio and not realising it would run on 95, the very first tank of petrol I put in my 1.4 was Momentum. After reading the fuel filler flap I've been using ordinary Tesco 95. Although it's hard to judge, I'm inclined to think it was more economical on on 99, despite the engine presumably being a little tight. I think I'll try the experiment again when I next have a long journey to make. That said economy on 95 is exceptional.

On mine economy wise (300 miles on clock thus far), very similar to my old 2.0TDI. London city on weekend AM, east to west, about 47mpg, return leg around lunch time, more traffic just over 40mpg, East London to Stansted and back (eg...60 miles round trip motorway), 57mpg :). Figures are looking at trip computer, and 'since start mpg.' Since refuel (which I'm guessing means since new, is 49.8mpg) Btw, is yours running 16 or 17 inch wheels? SC or 5dr? Mine is a SC with 17 Tagus Black. Did you spec 'Seat Sound' on yours?

Last edited:

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
On mine economy wise (300 miles on clock thus far), very similar to my old 2.0TDI. London city on weekend AM, east to west, about 47mpg, return leg around lunch time, more traffic just over 40mpg, East London to Stansted and back (eg...60 miles round trip motorway), 57mpg :). Figures are looking at trip computer, and 'since start mpg.' Since refuel (which I'm guessing means since new, is 49.8mpg) Btw, is yours running 16 or 17 inch wheels? SC or 5dr? Mine is a SC with 17 Tagus Black. Did you spec 'Seat Sound' on yours?

Mine's a 1.4ecotsi FR ST Technology. FRs have 17" wheels as standard. Didn't spec the sound package (rarely use the radio). " Since refuel" is what it says - since you last put petrol in. Find that very informative, never had a car that did that before. Did spec the adjustable damper option (useful, but not a must have option)

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Mine's a 1.4ecotsi FR ST Technology. FRs have 17" wheels as standard. Didn't spec the sound package (rarely use the radio). " Since refuel" is what it says - since you last put petrol in. Find that very informative, never had a car that did that before. Did spec the adjustable damper option (useful, but not a must have option)

Could it be that 1.4EcoTsi come with 17" as standard? I had to pay extra on my 1.0...'upgraded' from 16" 215/45 to 17" 215/40 @ £325 (I think, but it comes with Black Pack).

Fr2013

Apr 9, 2014
16" were standard on my 1.0 TSI FR which I had swapped for some Tagus 17" before delivery.
I also opted for Seat Sound in mine with the Technology Pack.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Could it be that 1.4EcoTsi come with 17" as standard? I had to pay extra on my 1.0...'upgraded' from 16" 215/45 to 17" 215/40 @ £325 (I think, but it comes with Black Pack).

It definitely came as standard on mine - but I notice on the current brochure it no longer is and only comes as part of a "pack" now on all FRs. Cheeky monkeys! I must admit at the time I wasn't sure I wanted the bigger wheels - and went for the adjustable dampers (Seat driver profile) to be able to soften the ride. In fact the ride is OK - I suspect the car I tried had the high as opposed to the "comfort" pressures. I've now softened my tyres at the front to the comfort setting and rears to 3psi above the comfort setting and I think that gives a good ride/handling compromise.

markm49uk

Oct 15, 2015
Hull,UK

Yes the 1.4 ecotsi has 17" wheels as standard. It's not very clear from the brochure or configurator.

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Yes the 1.4 ecotsi has 17" wheels as standard. It's not very clear from the brochure or configurator.

But there used to be a little note - not sure whether it was a the price list or brochure pointing out that (now I come to think of it) the 1.4 had 17s. I can't see that note now in either.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
It definitely came as standard on mine - but I notice on the current brochure it no longer is and only comes as part of a "pack" now on all FRs. Cheeky monkeys! I must admit at the time I wasn't sure I wanted the bigger wheels - and went for the adjustable dampers (Seat driver profile) to be able to soften the ride. In fact the ride is OK - I suspect the car I tried had the high as opposed to the "comfort" pressures. I've now softened my tyres at the front to the comfort setting and rears to 3psi above the comfort setting and I think that gives a good ride/handling compromise.

Oh I need to experiment with the tyre pressures...at present...I dread going on a speed hump or any unavoidable manholecovers/potholes etc. Handles well though, esp on motoway slip-roads when you need to go a full loop (eg...almost back to where you came from)
First time for me, I have a car that have 2 'suggested' tyre pressures, maybe I will just go with the pressure down the middle...

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
Oh I need to experiment with the tyre pressures...at present...I dread going on a speed hump or any unavoidable manholecovers/potholes etc. Handles well though, esp on motoway slip-roads when you need to go a full loop (eg...almost back to where you came from)
First time for me, I have a car that have 2 'suggested' tyre pressures, maybe I will just go with the pressure down the middle...

Interesting. I didn't think the Drive Profile option made a massive difference - but even with the higher pressures the ride isn't that bad with the dampers set soft. So far I think the pressures I've got with dampers in Sport is a pretty good compromise when pressing on. Definately need high rear pressures when fully laden though.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
But there used to be a little note - not sure whether it was a the price list or brochure pointing out that (now I come to think of it) the 1.4 had 17s. I can't see that note now in either.

I was bored and went to Seat configurator UK, on Ibiza FR Tech, when I selected the 1.4 engine...the picture automatically changed to 17in Tagus silver alloys, back to another engine..back to default 16in rims.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Interesting. I didn't think the Drive Profile option made a massive difference - but even with the higher pressures the ride isn't that bad with the dampers set soft. So far I think the pressures I've got with dampers in Sport is a pretty good compromise when pressing on. Definately need high rear pressures when fully laden though.

Unfortunately for me, it was a 'culture shock' firm suspension wise, coming from a Leon with 55 profile tyres and non-FR spec comfort suspension. pot-holes and other roads inperfections did not have to be duly avoided :). Don't get me wrong, on twisty country roads with few road imperfections the Ibiza with FR suspension & 40 profile tyres would be a joy...

bcr5784

Mar 25, 2016
I was bored and went to Seat configurator UK, on Ibiza FR Tech, when I selected the 1.4 engine...the picture automatically changed to 17in Tagus silver alloys, back to another engine..back to default 16in rims.

So it does! Good batting ThinkMan.

bruno192cv

Apr 29, 2016
Why dont you chose the Cupra? 1.8t 192hp from Audi, better fuel consuption and reliability.

Enviado do meu SM-G360F através de Tapatalk

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.