Ibiza FR 1.6L!!

May 4, 2019
Hey Guys,
So proud that I've found this great forum and community. I am having my first step to the new Ibiza world, I've got caught in love with the first sight.
Anyway, I should receive my new Ibiza FR today.... But, what the heck that motor installed in it!!!
It's non of the supported engines.
It's non turbo charged, petrol, 4 cyl. , 1.6L, 110hp and in non DSG automatic gear box.
Do anyone have similar engine or have any idea which engine model is that?!

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
VW sell some different engines in your part of the world. Their Skoda Rapid comes with a 77kw 1.6 petrol with auto. Probably the same motor.

SilverPilgrim

Apr 3, 2019
UK
I was hoping to find the 1.5 TSI Evo with manual gear box.
Do they still producing it with the new Ibiza?!
Heard that it had some common problems, is that true?!

The 1.5 TSI Evo is no longer offered with the Ibiza in the UK and most other European countries, not sure about the rest of the world though.

There were reports of problems with the engine in other VW group cars, the main issue seemed to be "kangarooing" when trying to accelerate before the engine was fully up to its optimum temperature.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
VW sell some different engines in your part of the world. Their Skoda Rapid comes with a 77kw 1.6 petrol with auto. Probably the same motor.

This is the type R4 16V I think. Engine code probably CPDA - available as 80kw (110PS) in China VW Jetta and Santana.

May 4, 2019
This is the type R4 16V I think. Engine code probably CPDA - available as 80kw (110PS) in China VW Jetta and Santana.
Well, I checked with the dealer yesterday about that motor and it's Skoda engine MPI 1.6L l, 4 cylinder.. Asked for the reason not to offer TSI engines and of course the answer was about TSI will be affordable with DSG gear box)).
DSG have so many common problems here with Mecha-Tronic which almost replaced each 60,000 km.
The very reason I could reached regarding DSG failures, as I have heard and I am not sure about that.. caused by heavy traffic jams which lead the DSG Mecha-Tronic over heated.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Email OBDEleven and ask them. I'm sure they have customer assistance.

Or try Carista - their customer service is excellent as well.