ibiza fr150 top speed?

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
Dont believe it then?
Why would I lie?
If you have nothing good to say then f*** off?
FYI a honda civic type r 200bhp does 163mph standard.
Do some research

Prove it then. Internet forums are full of bs claims like this but never any evidence. If you have evidence, I will happily retract my comment.

Wow, I'm so happy for Civic owners. This one can't, with mods...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBr8TUTBkms

Prove it then. Internet forums are full of bs claims like this but never any evidence. If you have evidence, I will happily retract my comment.

Wow, I'm so happy for Civic owners. This one can't, with mods...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBr8TUTBkms

Okay well why do I have to go through the effort to prove my car has done 148MPH, it was down hill, cold outside, old 02M gearbox 6 speed which IS geared to easily do that speed, not that I have the power in theory to, BUT it was downhill ( A LOT ) of it and cold outside which makes a nice difference on my car.
Other than that I have done 142 before hand.
If you don't believe if why cause this? I see lots of posts on here of people saying "BS" but dont argue it unless its something about my car.
I have no reason to lie, I have friends I dont need to hype myself up on a forum.

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
Okay well why do I have to go through the effort to prove my car has done 148MPH, it was down hill, cold outside, old 02M gearbox 6 speed which IS geared to easily do that speed, not that I have the power in theory to, BUT it was downhill ( A LOT ) of it and cold outside which makes a nice difference on my car.
Other than that I have done 142 before hand.
If you don't believe if why cause this? I see lots of posts on here of people saying "BS" but dont argue it unless its something about my car.
I have no reason to lie, I have friends I dont need to hype myself up on a forum.

Fair enough, whatever. If you don't want to prove it then no worries but it cannot be much effort to upload a video - I'm just keen to see it. I'm taking it the speed was GPS verified and not taken from the speedo?

Very impressive for a 160bhp car. My Cupra couldn't do it, it struggles above 130mph. And it has more than 160bhp...

Fair enough, whatever. If you don't want to prove it then no worries but it cannot be much effort to upload a video - I'm just keen to see it. I'm taking it the speed was GPS verified and not taken from the speedo?

Very impressive for a 160bhp car. My Cupra couldn't do it, it struggles above 130mph. And it has more than 160bhp...

Ok well for a start I have a video of my mondeo doing 135mph.

Ibiza speed was from the speedo.

My ibiza was dynoed at 164bhp on a very hot day with a slight slight boost leak.
SINCE i have had a fmic fitted with all new boost pipes with various other touches.

The early 6-speed boxes do 70mph at around 1800rpm in 6th gear. If we assume a redline of 4500rpm, that's 2.5 * 1800rpm, and 2.5 * 70mph comes out at 175. So an early-boxed Ibiza is theoretically geared for well over the speeds we're talking here, although a stock one won't have the power to overcome aerodynamic drag and rolling resistance to reach that speed.

The later box like my Fabia has does about 2100rpm at 70, so ~150 at a 4500rpm redline.

Is there a Like button? lol

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
Ok well for a start I have a video of my mondeo doing 135mph.

Ibiza speed was from the speedo.

My ibiza was dynoed at 164bhp on a very hot day with a slight slight boost leak.
SINCE i have had a fmic fitted with all new boost pipes with various other touches.

Enough said. Speedo was probably out my at least 10% so actual speed was probably nearer 134mph.

New boost pipes and already a leak - hmmm, not great, huh? As for your Mondeo, not really that bothered tbh. Was this on the speedo too?

The early 6-speed boxes do 70mph at around 1800rpm in 6th gear. If we assume a redline of 4500rpm, that's 2.5 * 1800rpm, and 2.5 * 70mph comes out at 175. So an early-boxed Ibiza is theoretically geared for well over the speeds we're talking here, although a stock one won't have the power to overcome aerodynamic drag and rolling resistance to reach that speed.

The later box like my Fabia has does about 2100rpm at 70, so ~150 at a 4500rpm redline.

Not quite that simple but even if it was geared for 175mph, the car still didn't do 148mph. He's basically admitted this himself by saying he read it from the speedo.

Enough said. Speedo was probably out my at least 10% so actual speed was probably nearer 134mph.

New boost pipes and already a leak - hmmm, not great, huh? As for your Mondeo, not really that bothered tbh. Was this on the speedo too?

Not quite that simple but even if it was geared for 175mph, the car still didn't do 148mph. He's basically admitted this himself by saying he read it from the speedo.

Seriously, just go find something better to do, I dont even know why im replying to you.
Its pathetic....I bet if this was real life you wouldn't even get like this and is one of those keyboard warriors?
Go hate on something else? douchebag.

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
Seriously, just go find something better to do, I dont even know why im replying to you.
Its pathetic....I bet if this was real life you wouldn't even get like this and is one of those keyboard warriors?
Go hate on something else? douchebag.

It's a discussion. Deal with it. I am allowed to disagree with your claim but I am not hating anything here, only disliking your excuses.

Why are you so bothered about my questions?

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
I know its a different car but heres an example

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...voCgBw&usg=AFQjCNGfM7h5VnRmcPeFZ1nk3-frPBYWzA

0-60 mph
7.3 secs
Top Speed
151 mph
Power Output
222 bhp

Now deal with it?

Why exactly are you posting videos of Mondeos? What on earth has this got to do with the fact you didn't manage to do 148mph in your Ibiza? The Civic one as well - why? Please explain. Is it a case of, this car can do 150mph so mine must be able to do 148?

Gaz44

Aug 19, 2009
What's not that simple about it? The gear ratios don't change while you're driving, if it does 1800rpm at 70mph, then that's around 39mph per 1000rpm, which multiplied by 4.5 to get your 4500rpm redline gets you 175mph. Not sure why you think it's not that simple?

I mean in the case of this dude's car. There are other factors, no? I do concede that the potential top speed is higher than I thought.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
IMO it doesn't matter what box it's got.

If your speedo reads 148mph, then it's about 20mph (if not more) high.

I can reach the limiter in 6th without too much hassle and that's a proper gps 142mph. And I have 120bhp more.

vroomtshh

Sep 11, 2005
Dreghorn, Scotland
Yet again, no GPS to back up the claims, the video only shows around 242kph on the speedo ffs. (151mph) - take off 10% for ricer BS and that's 136mph real.

And some bawbag saying "it would've hit 260" in a video doesn't mean it did (or can) lol.

I had an EP3 before the Ibiza and it would do 155 on the speedo. Never had it properly verified but I'd doubt it was anything like accurate.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
I had an EP3 before the Ibiza and it would do 155 on the speedo. Never had it properly verified but I'd doubt it was anything like accurate.

I found that by bringing up the speed in km/h on the Climatronic display in the Leon it was far more accurate than the actual speedo. Just a shame the display isn't in a good viewing place!

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Lol 163mph ep3 standard??????? I'm sorry but that is bulls**t. A mapped ibiza fr tdi will hit it's top speed v.quickly. 129 gps. About 136-137 on the dial. But it won't go any further due to gearing. That is a 177bhp ibiza derv. It may be able to do more with a bigger turbo? If the bhp is gained at a higher rev range.

I've seen just over 150 in a type r on the dial standard. I truly can't see a true 163 from a standard 197/198 bhp fn2/ep3

Not mk4 ibiza here but I know a 340 bhp leon cupra R will show 180 on the clock. Probs a true 164/165 ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.