Ibiza gone...... TT Quattro - new pics

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Been on here a while now... done a few small mods to the car so thought i would start a build thread...... im going for a subtle and understated look for my pre-facelift LC.... and hoping for about 240-250bhp ..... IMO thats enough for a FWD car...

Mods so far:
17'' TT six spokes
lowered 50mm all round on Cobra springs/shocks
Sparco pedals (they were free so why not!!)
Sony head unit

painted the original wheels black for a laugh... they looked pants anyway....:whistle:

IMGP0140.jpg

IMGP0137.jpg

after pics up next!!

Last edited:

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
heres the pics lowered on the TT rims :p ......

looks a hell of alot better....handles ten times better lowered and with the wider wheels....

DSC00395.jpg

IMGP0260.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

what y'all think????

jamiebennett81

looking good mate, nice to see another pre facelift like mine

I hate to say it, but I preferred the originals painted in black

wolfeman1

looking good m8.;) I noticed you've had an exhaust put on, did you have any probs getting the bumper cut to have the exhaust coming through?

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Had a nice dry day a few days ago... so give the car a clean and thought id put up a few new pics :D

Im far from photographer of the year but tthere quite good pics as you can see how low it is :D

DSC00438.jpg

DSC00439.jpg

IMGP0267.jpg

IMGP0265.jpg

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Some newer pics of my car..... nothing to update on..... should be getting a cat back either milltek or piper, 007p, smoothed airbox, and a remap all in the next few months ....

oh yeh, and get the bump strips sprayed to match!!

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
I debadged the rear... only had the cupra badge so didnt take too long lol ..... i decided to fit an audi 1.8T badge.... think it looks quite good.... i made the mistake of just lining it up where the old cupra badge was (it left an outline where the badge used to be) but it looks a bit wonky so the cupra badge cudnt have been straight! ....not much of a mod i know lol

never seen one on a leon before so what y'all think of it?

DSC00547.jpg

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Looking good mate...all about the Audi wheels! i thought about 18s for mine but im happy with 17s for the time being.

Thanks... i want to keep it looking OEM as possible... the wheels need a refurb as they are looking ruined ( a woman had them before me) ... been getting some quotes for a refurb and its quite expensive.... so might just have a bash at them myself!

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
that is a really good price... ive been getting some quotes and are all £300+ to refurb the wheels.... i think i might have absh at doing them myself... alot of people on here do!

jamiebennett81

I debadged the rear... only had the cupra badge so didnt take too long lol ..... i decided to fit an audi 1.8T badge.... think it looks quite good.... i made the mistake of just lining it up where the old cupra badge was (it left an outline where the badge used to be) but it looks a bit wonky so the cupra badge cudnt have been straight! ....not much of a mod i know lol

never seen one on a leon before so what y'all think of it?

DSC00547.jpg

Nice addition, but think it would have looked nicer with it placed towards the bottom right hand corner of the boot and remove any other lettering

considering this on mine now....

smithygcupra

Cymru am Byth
May 25, 2008
Newport
Nice addition, but think it would have looked nicer with it placed towards the bottom right hand corner of the boot and remove any other lettering

considering this on mine now....

Yeh i see what you mean... im happy where it is tho...i think it suits the car quite well.... would look better on a darker car tho i think...