Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are now available from our online store. We've also updated our terms and conditions so check them out too.

Ibiza mark IV front strut spring

Discussion in 'Ibiza Mk4' started by Davidibiza, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Davidibiza

Davidibiza Member

Just had a near side front strut Spring snap on my Ibiza tdi, I'm gonna replace both springs and both top strut supports, when looking for parts I saw that the top strut support comes with a bearing, does that bearing fit between the spring and the top support? never had to work on these before

2. RUM4MO

RUM4MO Senior Member

Yes, from the top downwards you have the top mounting, that fixes to the car using 3 bolts and fixes to the damper rod using a self locking nut, below that top mounting is a thin radial bearing assembly, when you take the old top mounting off the bearing will probably look part of it - but it is just sticking/gripping it.

Davidibiza likes this.
  3. Davidibiza

Davidibiza Member

Thanks for the info

4. Davidibiza

Davidibiza Member

Thanks for info

5. lil3520

lil3520 IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08

mine both snapped, when my car had done 100,000 miles.

6. mgrays

mgrays Full Member

One front spring broke at about 36-40k. I replaced both but just greased up the bearings and top bush. After 7 years and 110k miles they are still fine. I would replace the gaiters as they are cheap and will be shredded. The driver's side was a pain as there is less room so ended up with spring compressor when in place to shorten the strut.