Ibiza mark IV front strut spring

Davidibiza

Mar 22, 2017
Worcester
Just had a near side front strut Spring snap on my Ibiza tdi, I'm gonna replace both springs and both top strut supports, when looking for parts I saw that the top strut support comes with a bearing, does that bearing fit between the spring and the top support? never had to work on these before

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Yes, from the top downwards you have the top mounting, that fixes to the car using 3 bolts and fixes to the damper rod using a self locking nut, below that top mounting is a thin radial bearing assembly, when you take the old top mounting off the bearing will probably look part of it - but it is just sticking/gripping it.

Reactions: Davidibiza

Davidibiza

Mar 22, 2017
Worcester
Yes, from the top downwards you have the top mounting, that fixes to the car using 3 bolts and fixes to the damper rod using a self locking nut, below that top mounting is a thin radial bearing assembly, when you take the old top mounting off the bearing will probably look part of it - but it is just sticking/gripping it.

Thanks for info

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
One front spring broke at about 36-40k. I replaced both but just greased up the bearings and top bush. After 7 years and 110k miles they are still fine. I would replace the gaiters as they are cheap and will be shredded. The driver's side was a pain as there is less room so ended up with spring compressor when in place to shorten the strut.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise