Ibiza mk 3 cupra r

taffyR

May 15, 2006
TREALAW/ RHONDDA S.WALES
Basically, trying to find out how many left on site.......
ANY ???????
Or Mine one of a few
2001/ 51 Highly modded.
358 BHP / 320LB/FT
Brand new two tone pearlescent black cherry red
Had from new 15 years.
:shrug:

cupradave21

Nov 23, 2015
If anyone hears of one for sale anywhere can they post details or a link on here please iv got the 20v turbo cupra but want a cupra R now preferably flash red but when theres so few cupra Rs about il not be to fussy about a colour lol

cupradave21

Nov 23, 2015
Doesnt matter guys finally got my hands on a ibiza cupra R... it turned out to be a diamond in the rough, been in dry storage for 10 years when i heard this i never believed it until i seen it for myself car is stone mint inside and out has a few tiny scrapes from bein in the garage so long but apart from that underneath is like new not a pick of rust on any arches and heres the best part 19k from new... intierior is like new carpet still fluffy not one winkle or hole in the leather bolsters... only problem bein it needs built up air and plumbing wise the guy has 3-4boxes of upgrades that be bought and never got round to fitting like s3 injectors fuelpump lsd induction kit watermeth kit that kind of thing altho thats not a problem a day or 2 would have that all fitted and built up its the turbo it currently has a garrett gt28 turbo on it which is good however its on the original manifold which has been modified to take this turbo currently looking for a stainless tubular if any1 could point me in the right direction..?

If ur looking a icr keep looking they are out there i struck lucky maybe you will too

Last edited:

cupradave21

Nov 23, 2015
Not sure if i can post pics yet quite new to the forum apparently you need so many posts first is this correct..?

RSBUBBA

Nov 6, 2014
Cool sounds a good find. I bought an ovni one a few months back, it's been well looked after but I still look daily for a red one. Nothing yet. How did you find yours then as I've never seen an ad for a that and I'm searching high and low. Look forward to seeing some pics and how you get on.

cupradave21

Nov 23, 2015
I seen the ad had been put on gumtree and the fella had said on the ad it was only up because of hed issues with work and if he had found work in the next few days the ad would be removed. I remember thinking to myself if i had the cash id take that but wasnt an option at the time. true to his word a few days later the ad was gone... about 6 months later i had got a standard cupra and was browsing through google images looking for nice wheels as i was planning on putting alot of work into my one and came across the image used in the ad and when i clicked on the link it took me through to a 3rd party advertiser for gumtree and it had a link to the original ad which had his mobile number at the bottum n i thought i may aswell chance my arm n see if he still had it thankfully he did took abit of convincing but managed to talk him into selling it... the flash red is a stunning colour in it deffo the nicest car iv ever owned lol

RSBUBBA

Nov 6, 2014
I saw that ad as well and did wonder I was held back by the fact it was in Ireland and the fact it wasn't running I'm sure I saw pics on google images on the track at some stage.
What state is it in now have you got it working? You putting it to standard or keeping the bigger turbo?

cupradave21

Nov 23, 2015
sorry for the late reply, yeah tbh if it was across the water I wouldn't have bought it but was only an hours drive from where I live so sealed the deal when I saw how mint it was... it was on a track at one of the GTINI shows once apon a time, it currently has the engine in bit I went and ordered forged pistons n rods n bearings n stuff ino its only 17k on it but id rather know its running safe, erm bought the car with what I thought was a gt28 which turned out to be a gt20 (too small) I have a spare KO3s sitting there which is goin in to start with iv also got a guy with a TD06 20g and a tubular mani so probs go for that apparently he run a comfortable 410bhp in an s3 with similar mods to me so we shall see how things work out iv tried using that photo bucket to try n upload pics but doesn't seem to work on my phone anyone intrested in the build as it progresses any pics I remember to take will be posted on my insta (bothwell_lsuk)

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members