1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

Ibiza mk5 window problems (please help)

Discussion in 'Mk5 Ibiza FAQ's (6J) 2008-2017' started by Rollerdan, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Rollerdan

Rollerdan Active Member

I have a mk5 Ibiza having trouble with my drivers side electric window , it’s a problem which comes and goes , basically when I lower the window it stops then locks out won’t go any further , I have to pull the fuse which resets it then I can raise the window up but then sometimes the window stops at half way or goes to the top and goes back down , I’ve reset the one touch on the button countless time it’s works for 4-5 up and downs then stops again , I’ve silicone greased the window shunts and made sure the shunts are clear they seem fine . Also my key fob will not operate the windows if I hold the lock/unlock button ..

Sorry for the essay has anyone had this issue before ?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. xChokis

xChokis Active Member

bump , just started having this issue as well so any input would be greatly appreciated before i drive my car on to a wall full speed without seat belt cause these quirks of the car are starting to trigger me . :)

3. AlR

AlR Active Member

I resolved my window auto close problem by fitting a new bolt in the bottom of the front regulator which had been removed (presumably) by the same idiot that fitted aftermarket speakers with 1 screw in mine! Did require door card off and glass clamp adjustments to get it just right. Window now goes up & down one-touch as it is supposed to. Mechanism seems to be quite sensitive to alignment.

RUM4MO likes this.
  4. RUM4MO

RUM4MO Active Member

I love that posting, some people seem to take on tasks that are well beyond their capabilities, or maybe the previous owner was a maintenance person, they just love throwing most screws away, they claim its makes their next service visit a lot easier. They always know a lot more than the team that designs the equipment they service/repair.