ibiza pd 130, loads of upgrades but less power.

marsh175tdi

May 24, 2010
south wiltshire
Hi, I have a Ibiza pd 130 with loads of upgrades over the last few years. It has hybrid turbo, Sachs uprated clutch, seat sport fmic, kn filter and pd 160 air intake, plus suspension and brake upgrades. With these mods I went and had it remapped and rolling roaded , it made 206 bhp and 356 lb/ft. About 6 months ago I had the turbo rebuilt with larger compressor wheel, larger exhaust turbine , and all internals uprated( Garrett 240+bhp) also I replaced the boost pipes with silicone ones and mikalor clamps to stop any leaks, and fitted a milltek downpipe.
I went back to the same place to have the remap tweaked and put on the rr.
I was a bit dissapointed that it only made 204 bhp and 302 lb/ft.
They said they only wanted to push it to 1.6 bar , and the injectors were at 80%. All they did was straighten the
boost curve. Now the torque comes in at 2700rpm and not 2200.
I have seen loads of cars with less spec than mine with 220 bhp and loads more torque. The thing is , I thought the injectors could take at least 220 bhp , and my turbo could easily be pushed more.
Is there anyone in the south west ( I live in Salisbury) who can custom remap my car, or can download files etc. Must admit I'm not up on vag com and the tech stuff.
Thanks, Steve.

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Injectors are good for 240ish HP, once seen them pushed to 260hp but not safely. what turbo do you actually have? I.e. The spec? Turbo sounds as if it's good for 2bar+ (if you had a 4 bar map sensor). Uprated clutch? Don't know of any professional companies in the south west, although I can recommend a few further afield.

Last edited:

marsh175tdi

May 24, 2010
south wiltshire
Hi, hard to tell, I went to the turbo place and said that it was already a hybrid and was maxed out at 210 bhp, and that I wanted it upgraded to take 240 plus bhp. When I went back they said it had larger compressor wheel, billeted, larger exhaust and uprated bearings etc. Did say it was all to the most up to date spec. What would a 4 bar map sensor do for it. Thanks.

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
The 4 bar map sensor will allow for mapping over 2 bar of boost which you should be able to run easily. There is a lot more in it as it is, just need some decent mapping.

If the tuner knew these engines, the capability of the hybrid turbo, and the capability of the engine/injectors etc. then they would know there's a lot more potential than 1.6 bar and '80%'... whatever that is!! I ran more than 1.6 bar of boost on the original PD130 turbo!

And the 80% thing is a load of crap too, find out how many degrees of injection they have requested in the map. If you were closer i would have had a look and made a few changes for you to try.

There is a guy in London i would highly recommend for mapping these engines, dont know of anyone closer

Last edited:

marsh175tdi

May 24, 2010
south wiltshire
Yeah I thought it could easily be mapped more. That's it, got the money to pay someone to do the work, but getting someone with knowledge of these cars down here is hard. Don't mind travelling a bit if I get the results.

marsh175tdi

May 24, 2010
south wiltshire
Have been looking at the 4 bar map sensor. I'm wondering if I should get one and when I find someone to remap the car get them to fit it before the tuning. I've read that if you just replace the standard one with this it can really mess the engine up unless its been programmed in.
Like I said, any tuning or downloading of files is really beyond me unfortunately. Might just have to travel up to the midlands
Etc and get it done properly.

Last edited:

Dan FR

Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Yeah don't fit the 4 bar map sensor until it's being mapped. DD are a good choice and will do it well, Bobby is also closer and is very good, up to you. Best of luck, keep us posted

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.