ibiza tdi 130 .BIG TURBO. 273bhp. FOR SALE??

The BT set up is significantly more money to do and depends on what the plan for the car is. Had mine just been for a quick road car I would have gone hybrid but on track the BT will come into its own.

Mpg hasn't been overly effected. Still did an average of 58mpg on a 3hr journey the other day.

As for wheels I have some Speedline turinis to go on. Just gotta decide on tyres

hes probably better sticking with his hybrid setup then..... its more than quick enough to give a few cars (including my scooby) a scare and is a well set up fast road car.

how you finding the tarox 6pots? he's just upgraded to LCR front brembos and octavia vrs rears and says its like night and day compared with the original 288s.

nice choice on the wheels.... my bro originally ran TT 6 spokes but they were quite heavy so he decided to go down the lightweight route and got a set of TD Pro Race 1.3s.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2009
bath
well big news today..

tyres are ordered and hopefully means track wheels on for the weekend

green plastidip ordered and should be here soon ready for a few accents ;p

after 2 seats of damaged seats received and returned, harnesses that didnt fit, and the WRONG harnesses delivered I can now say the buckets are in!

need to move the drivers forward and up a bit, which is going to be fun!

20130715_190701_zpsda658f00.jpg

20130715_190619_zps651474cb.jpg

20130715_190610_zps2a778f3c.jpg

am very happy with them at the moment, hopefully they wont be to much of a pain to live with daily!

*please bear in mind the car needs a bloody good hoover

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
Bit weird.. Im on about the way theyre fitted, arent they meant to be horizontal behind the seat? Like attatched to a rear strut brace? Cause if you come to a halt rather quickly, the harness will push your shoulders down which isnt the best is it?

Mar 25, 2009
bath
i aam both messing and not messing. Thousands of people mount their harnesses to the rear seat bolts with no issues. And in every thread there's a know it all with out harnesses themselves who has seen it online somewhere and then spouts it like a fact. Not saying Jordan is a know it all just saying. I feel it's safe. It may not completely ideal but still safer than the standard one shoulder belt I'm sure

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
All I said was that id be worried in a crash with the harnesses set up like they are.. Then you start crying, giving it ársey comments.. How was I to know you knew how to correctly mount harnesses but chose to mount them the way you did?

Mar 25, 2009
bath
I'm not getting arsey what so ever.

But out of interest what qualifies you to say how a harness should be mounted? I assume you have harnesses yourself and have done a lot of stress testing etc?

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
It was arsey, no need for it. Im not on the forum for a row. Im here to seek advice, and give it if I can. I felt that I was advising you, nothing more.

Neither, Ive never had a harness in my car, or gone through the excitement of stress testing them.
Having the belts horizontal from your shoulders to wherever the mounting points are, is just what I 'believe' to be the safest/correct way to have them installed. If you had a rear strut brace installed, or something similar, you probably would have done it that way, but with the ease of fitting or the way the kit came, you done it to the rear seat belt.
Like I said, not here to argue..

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.