IbizaAlex's MK3 Ibiza Cupra - From the Very Start to Present Day

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I was in the old red one when i saw you. Have you seen a black one around MK then? The car is due a service about now, so could be a perfect opportunity to pop in and say hello! Plus in getting hungry for power so advice would be good;)

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Ive deffo seen a black one, a silver one and 2 different blue ones. Was your red one a cupra? Just give us a shout when you wana pop in and im sure we could fit a service in too :)

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
It would've looked like a cupra, but it was only a 1.4. I haven't seen any other cupras round here yet! I'll defo give you a shout tho, what sort of prices would a standard service cost? Sorry maybe a bit off topic!

Oct 2, 2006
Very very very nice ibiza, looks really looked after. I spotted your car in the tarmac car park in the corner at Silverstone when the british GT was on looks even better in the flesh:)

Reuvers

I is a Dutch man!
Oct 30, 2007
Netherlands
mate I love this car.

so glad you finally made a thread up for it showing all the progress. Must have asked you twice before to do this, glad you finally had the time to do it.

this is such a beast of a car, but still has the looks as well. the bonnet looks great and absolutely love the work on the engine and looks of it all.

simply a sick car!

mk1arosasport

Great thread Alex, He puts alot of time and effort into the Ibiza and after he took me for a little spin in it i can safely say its one of the quickest cars ive been in - i love it!

Hopefully i will be giving him a helping hand to get the gearbox back in soon!

I know he has other plans for the ibiza but i will let him tell you what they are!

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
It does look an animal! Can't wait to see it up and running rather than looking sorry for itself outside the garage:( Any idea when the box is going back in? btw Luke you Arosa looked very tidy the other day!!

ian_cupra

about time you did this alex :D looking great as always, gear box looks like a mess :lol:

need to sort out stripping all the sound deadening out of mine too, looks like a great job..... not

might need to speak to you about a gear box build soon, need a diff in mine now got hybrid on :)

Feb 25, 2007
cheshire
thats is a really really really nice car you have there, everything done to perfection and properly! thats how it should be done no expense or timed spared!

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Smallish update...

Ive still got to send the gears off to frozen solid to get treated. Work has been mega busy so ive had no free time. Ive got to do the wheel bearings on the diesel first too. All that ive been able to do is strip out all the radio, speakers etc and put them all in the derv. Ive sold the seat subframes and ive only had time to get one seat out so far. The carpet is coming out to wend on some floor bars as the new seat mounts and the dash is coming out to get flocked. Im also making a 3" exhaust system to replace the 2.5" blueflame thats on there and when the exhaust is out im top mounting the gear shift. I want to keep the centre console somehow, but im going to have to do some cutting and plastic welding to get it on.

I will get some pics up when i get a chance.

Ian, im sorting some special prices for Peloquins diffs so keep an eye out.

Thanks for the comments too :)

Alex

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Ive started messing about with push bikes when i was about 10, then moved to motorbikes and cars after that. Been in the trade since i left school at 16. Worked at the TT shop for over 3 years, now i work at Backdraft Motorsport. Im 23 btw.

Very small update again...

Picked up some FIA approved T-45 bar for my new seat mounts. That stuff is damn expensive. I just need some 3mm plate (rules have changed from last year) to weld to the car before the bar is welded to that. Otherwise ive still not got any further with taking the car apart. Im taking a couple of days off next week to spend at work working on the car. I will prob drop the gearsets off at frozen solid next week too if i have time. Also got some genuine plain discs really cheap that i need to get grooved. Watch the backdraft section for prices on the discs!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.