IbizaAlex's MK3 Ibiza Cupra - From the Very Start to Present Day

cus

... Vag only!
Feb 8, 2004
Middlesbrough
www.nemm.co.uk
very nice car mate. wish you drove that to come and meet me to swap seats! hope they are okayfor you btw.

i've heard that the sound deadening weighs a fair bit.. how what do you use to get it out? and does it make the drive a lot louder or not?

wish i had the money to make my car as nice as yours!

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
lovely car alex, you realy know your stuff mate...was your car featured in performance tuner?, they had a 1.8t 20v article?.....

btw, your seats look awesome where you get them from mate?

Hi Brett, my car was the one in PT. That feels like ages ago now. Ive had the seats for years. I bought them direct from corbeau then picked another carbon one off a mate.

very nice car mate. wish you drove that to come and meet me to swap seats! hope they are okayfor you btw.

i've heard that the sound deadening weighs a fair bit.. how what do you use to get it out? and does it make the drive a lot louder or not?

wish i had the money to make my car as nice as yours!

I think the car was in bits when we swaped seats. Your old ones are fine. Needed a good clean tho!

The sound deadening is a fooking pain. You need a heat gun, a scraper and a boring day. Then either bug and tar remover or petrol to clean it all up. Didnt make it much louder really.

mk1arosasport

It does look an animal! Can't wait to see it up and running rather than looking sorry for itself outside the garage:( Any idea when the box is going back in? btw Luke you Arosa looked very tidy the other day!!

Thanks Dude, im happy with the little Arosa.

I cannot wait to see the Ibiza up and running, im fed up with pushing it in and out of the workshop every morning and evening:p

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
LOL i bet. I was wondering if it was kept outside or not? I gave you boys a ring earlier at the garage but no answer, probly busy on the TT eh!?
My heating won't turn down or off... anything to do with removing the secondary air pump? Fault code is on dash again.

mk1arosasport

LOL i bet. I was wondering if it was kept outside or not? I gave you boys a ring earlier at the garage but no answer, probly busy on the TT eh!?
My heating won't turn down or off... anything to do with removing the secondary air pump? Fault code is on dash again.

Dont think the secondary air pump has anything to do with the heating, have to let Alex know, its probably his fault **waiting for the abuse lol**

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
Getting a bit toasty i must admit @ 26 degrees! I'll pop over thursday hopefully if to get the code cleared, see if it makes any difference?

mk1arosasport

Getting a bit toasty i must admit @ 26 degrees! I'll pop over thursday hopefully if to get the code cleared, see if it makes any difference?

Thats quit warm lol, no problem see you then!

Edit: I wont as im off thursday! but Alex is in!

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
actually it'll have to be friday morning looking at the diary...
anyway sorry to bump in on your thread Alex... nice car! ;):whistle:

mk1arosasport

actually it'll have to be friday morning looking at the diary...
anyway sorry to bump in on your thread Alex... nice car! ;):whistle:

Good point lol

Hopefully the gearbox will be back in very soon, be great to hear it running again!

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Had a fairly good day on the car. Removed all the interior again, but this time the dash came out to get flocked and all the heaters and fans to remove what nots needed out of them. That was fairly easy really. All went very smoothly. I got all of the behind dash soundproofing out which is a pain as most of it is stuck on or behind the fuse pannel!

Then i went to pick up the gearbox internals from the guys who swapped over the broken gears for me (ive still not got the tools i need to separate gears, soon tho). When i got back i double checked them all over, to find that the 2nd gear that was fitted was the wrong one. Its very slightly bigger in diameter :doh:! I did ask them to check it was the correct one. Strange it wasnt as it was from a cupra box?![:@] They had closed by the time i called them so i will have to wait till tmoz to get them to sort a new gear as they have some there. From then on i was in a mood :cry:

All the exhaust came off (anyone want a Blueflame cat back???) so i can redo the decat section to run 3" all the way through. Once that was off then the gear linkages came off so i can top mount it all in the car. Im going to need at least a full week on the car to get it finished, but funds are non existent now so i guess that will be after xmas when i can finish :(

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00531.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

DSC00534.jpg

Aaronater

This is awesome :D

I'm doing the sound in mine at the moment and I have a few questions for you..

1. The speakers in the back of your car are they 6x9s? and did you use mdf? cause I think I'm just going to put mine in my parcelshelf cause it just sseems easier.

2. How did you change the fascia on the HU? can you put a normal cd player in there?

Thankss :)

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
This is awesome :D

I'm doing the sound in mine at the moment and I have a few questions for you..

1. The speakers in the back of your car are they 6x9s? and did you use mdf? cause I think I'm just going to put mine in my parcelshelf cause it just sseems easier.

2. How did you change the fascia on the HU? can you put a normal cd player in there?

Thankss :)

Lol! Dude no offense, but did you not read and see the pics in this thread... Alex doesn't have ANYTHING in his car! Stripped everything including speakers, stereo, even carpet! :lol:

Aaronater

Lol! Dude no offense, but did you not read and see the pics in this thread... Alex doesn't have ANYTHING in his car! Stripped everything including speakers, stereo, even carpet! :lol:

yea sorry ive just noticed.. I only looked at the first few :rolleyes:

(im a bit dim when it comes to cars and stuff)

:p

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.