IbizaAlex's MK3 Ibiza Cupra - From the Very Start to Present Day

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Alex, with regards to the breather kit on the left side of your bay (seen it on Bill's Ibiza too), is this a Forge item and is it available for the Leon?

Also, is the upper charge pipe on yours available separately from BDM? Is it a 51-60mm pipe?

Lastly, are you using the 0.64AR GT28RS or the 0.84AR? I'm considering the 0.84AR version for my Leon.

Last edited:

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Alex, with regards to the breather kit on the left side of your bay (seen it on Bill's Ibiza too), is this a Forge item and is it available for the Leon?

Also, is the upper charge pipe on yours available separately from BDM? Is it a 51-60mm pipe?

Lastly, are you using the 0.64AR GT28RS or the 0.84AR? I'm considering the 0.84AR version for my Leon.

The catch tank is made specifially for the Ibiza, though im sure it could be adapted to fit the Leon.

I will have to check with Mark about the charge pipe. Im sure we can sort something out and yes its 51-60mm.

I was using the 64ar 28rs, but now im changing to the 84ar 2871r.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Very fast spool. I just want to rev more with the new engine build and the .64 ar will run out of puff with the ported head. I was seeing just under 360bhp with the smaller turbo and most people dont believe that.

Dec 31, 2005
London
360 with 28rs! thats what mine makes on a 2871r lol

be nice with 1.9 for sure, im tempted now plus having minor issues with cylinder 4 but money just doesnt allow at the moment.

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
Hey Alex, do the catch tanks have to have breathers on them?

The catch tank is made specifially for the Ibiza, though im sure it could be adapted to fit the Leon.

I will have to check with Mark about the charge pipe. Im sure we can sort something out and yes its 51-60mm.

I was using the 64ar 28rs, but now im changing to the 84ar 2871r.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
a catch tank is for the breather system......

people dont believe anything on this forum. but this motor will make 400. i will be suprised if it dnt

hooch

Indy

MK1 LC Red Devil :)
Sep 8, 2005
Uxbridge
Hey Darren, do you mean the catch tank acts as a breather? I've come across a few VAG cars that have catch tanks with a breather filter at the top and I'm just wondering if it is necessary to a catch tank with a breather filter. Any Idea's as to why they have breathers or if it’s a must to have one?

I’m sure Alex's Motor will produce more than 400 Hp especially because he's had the cylinder head done by JNL Racing and his cars lightened.

I cant wait to see what mine will produce :blink: . JNL racings done a fantastic job on my engine may be I should start a thread and post some pics on my motor build.

IbizaAlex

AKS tuning
May 11, 2008
Bedford
Hey Darren, do you mean the catch tank acts as a breather? I've come across a few VAG cars that have catch tanks with a breather filter at the top and I'm just wondering if it is necessary to a catch tank with a breather filter. Any Idea's as to why they have breathers or if it’s a must to have one?

I’m sure Alex's Motor will produce more than 400 Hp especially because he's had the cylinder head done by JNL Racing and his cars lightened.

I cant wait to see what mine will produce :blink: . JNL racings done a fantastic job on my engine may be I should start a thread and post some pics on my motor build.

Your old breather system would have vented back into the intake pipe and inlet manifold. They are blanked off when you fit the catch tank so all the vapours escape from the catch tank breather. Its better to fit a filter to stop **** getting in the catch tank, but you dont have to.

Im hoping for 400 at fairly low boost too with minimal lag. Time will tell. :funk:

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Whats your final plan for this car alex ?

demo, race or show car as its going to be wasted driving on the public roads :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise