Ibza 1.2 TDI 2012 - power loss in rain

Feb 11, 2019
Hello guys, I have strange problem with my 2012 Ibiza 1.2 TDI. It runs normal but when starts to rain like today, my car just loses power randomly and cant start. When I try to add throttle, engine just turns down without any notifications on dashboard.

Problem is that I was also in Seat services (official one) and they could not find any issue with the car, not a single error on computer.

Me and my father tried to replace MAF and air filter as well as some other filters but car still shuts down in heavy rain or on wet road.

When I bought this car, he didnt have under engine protection plastic, thats when the first time problems started, then we bought one, added it to the bottom of the engine and car was running normal under rain for like 5-6 months and then again starded to shutdown, then we tried to replace MAF and again same thing, so I was wondering if there is anyone who can point us in good direction with detection of this problem?

What else could it be, my father is an old man who worked with car electronic and mechanics in 80', 90' early 2000 and I'm telling him how somehow water damages some part of wires or something that then shorts something and engine just prevent car from starting but he is just hard head and telling me its not that lol.

Also is it possible that 2012 model has air inake from the bottom of the car below engine? Could it be that this might be full of dirty and when car goes under heavy rain it just get stack and air cant go in?

Any answer or suggestion are welcome.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise