ICE Fitting Question + Advice on OEM + Styling!

306Chris

Jan 20, 2007
Howdy Guys!

I'm nearly at enough post to show you a pic of the missus' new Ibiza (which has been named Bella for some reason!)

Now Being male I havent done the old X-mas shopping yet and one of her niggles with the new motor is no Ipod connection for her I phone!

So I was looking at buying this:
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_720963_langId_-1_categoryId_165474

I want something that 'works with Iphone' has bluetooth connection for handsfree and is fairly simple to use! This seems pretty good for the cash!!

Now I have read on here that you can install the radio in either its current location or in the lower part where the tray is? This would be more useful because she has a holder for her IPHONE which uses the cup holder which block the passengers view of the headunit and its controls! Is it just a cast of placing the radio cage in the lower section and moving the tray above?

Will I need a Fascia adaptor or any extra wiring connectors/ aerial adaptor?

If anyone can suggest a similar spec H/U for similar money that would be great too, the one thing that puts me off the Sony is the bright blue illumination, will it go with the red lighting of the SEAT?

My 2nd question is this:

I am a fan of OEM styling etc. I often modify my cars to include those cool things fitted to other spec's / models. So is there anything obvious on the Ibiza? Did I read of an exhaust finisher somewhere?

Thanks for your help guys!!

Chris

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
You've got lots of choice!
I'm not a massive one for ICE to be honest, mines standard on the Cupra and does me as I only really listen to heavier music.

As far as stylings concerned the world is your oyster on the Ibiza range, Every-things swappable between models. Bumpers, Wheels, Steering wheels. You name it.

I have an OEM Aero kit, Pretty sure its the only Cupra with one to be honest.
It leaves the rear with a centre exit, You could always swap to the front Cupra (Best looking) or Aero bumpers and a rear Cupra bumper.

If you do a quick search I'm sure you'll find the "Bumper" thread which shows the various versions.
Personally I'd go for a Custom made exhaust, Milteks and the like whilst amazing are far too expensive to justify. There is a very good place in Cardiff Called Pro-Speed exhausts.

I'm not sure where your from but hopefully its close! If not I know one in bristol also, oh and one in newport!

Deleted member 13581

For the CD player to be installed at the lower part, all you have to do is take the tray out and swap it over. As far as i know, the wiring harness will reach, plus if your putting a different steroe in there it usually comes with about a mile of cable anyway. :lol:

With yours being an 07-plate it will come with the face-lift bumpers, so no need to spend money on them. Exhaust-wise - a custom job is probably the best way to go as you can specify what you want. Most normally go for a Cupra style oval, or FR style twin.

Get posting so we can see the pics. :lol:

Deleted member 13581

As knight85 has posted in the other thread, work your way through that list and you will be on your way to a cracker. :)

Only other thing i would add would be colour-coded side strips.