ICE install - 2006 Leon TDi

kev1000gerb

Because I still haven't grown up yet, I'm going to attempt an ICE install into my Leon before my wife drops the impending sprog!! JL Audio comps front and back, 2x10" sub box in the boot, seperate comp and sub amps, new head unit. I want to run the cables down both sides and between the seats to avoid RF interference.

Does anyone know of any useful links detailing removal of interior trim, particularly the seats? I will be using 0/4swg power cable so will need a bit of room!!! The seats appear to have spline bolts to secure them down - anyone know what size socket drive fits? I have a feeling this is going to take a lot longer than my last effort into a Ford Fiesta!!!! Hopefully, the B, S & T will be worth it.......and might just get me out of having to fit a baby seat.;)

garrymcgill

Sounds interesting - about to do the same thing myself but can't answer any of the questions yet. My experience in VAG cars is everything's well made so comes apart and goes back together nicely so it might not be trickier than the fiesta after all.

Why 2 x 10" subs...? don't forget you'll need to leave some room for the pram!!!

leon263

Jan 12, 2008
Just to give you an idea of what can be achieved if you follow the 'keep it simple' approach. Amp is a 5 channel Genesis and the subs are 11 inch Kenwoods in a sealed box. Front end was up-graded to Alpine SPX's but I just used the standard head unit as I did not want to lose the changer.

P5190012.jpg

kev1000gerb

Only 1 answer for the 2x10"s - bass and then MORE bass!!! And the fact that I was over in the USA just before the exchange rate nosedived, took advantage of an offer I couldn't refuse but got greedy and brought back 2, knowing full well that a single 10" or 12" sub would tick all the right boxes - but what the hell! That would be FAR too sensible. Besides, imagine how a 'Bob the Builder' cd - or whatever the little people listen to now - would sound at full bore from that pair!
The Vibe fastplug is on the shopping list. The Leon263 install looks VERY nice; tidy, functional, understated. Definitely something to consider.....I have some thinking to do.:think: